Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In the Fog

Weather update for the hunters.  Nasty and unsafe to be out there shooting or being shot at.  I can barely see across the street, so I hope the guys "out at camp" are having a lie-in and a rousing great breakfast until the fog clears away.

In other news, I found a beautiful sweater online this morning.  It looks beautiful on the designer, anyway, and is offered in both cardigan and pullover patterns at the Twist Collective.  But Anne Hansen showed it on her blog this morning, too.  If you are a knitter, check this out at Knitspot.  I love the colors, too.

Mrs. 4444's talks this morning about misunderstanding song lyrics, which made me laugh.  When the kids at my house were growing up, we were all doing that, but the most famous one was Eric Clapton's "Lay Down, Sally"  which had morphed into "Lay Down, Salad." 

The hardest lyrics to understand (for me, at least) was the second line of "Blinded by the Light".  I've even looked it up, and it still doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  All that gives me great appreciation for men like Johnny Mercer, and Oscar Hammerstein, who could write understandable, witty song lyrics.  Ooops, who's old?

Just to save you the time:        Blinded by the light,  Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.

A shout out to the Universe-----Um, where do all these catalogs come from?  Does every site we ever visit sell our information to marketers???  We won't ever have time to shop, if we have to peruse all these catalogs.  I look at two or three and file the rest for recycling, but Good Guy wants to find just the right gift.  He usually does, too, bless his heart.

I guess this should be Tuesday fragments.  Don't mind me, I'm lost in the fog.

4 comments:

  1. I saw on my weather bug on the computer that there was a fog warning today - - - but having laid awake nearly all night long, I didn't bother getting up until nearly 10 and by then the sun was shining brightly in a nearly cloudless sky and it was 40 degree!

    I was always confused by that same line - - - but I believe the "deuce" refers to a car, like "a little deuce coupe" - - - which at least sheds a little light on the revved up part.

    I remember hymns getting twisted around like that

    "Gladly the cross-eyed bear"
    and
    "While shepherds washed their socks by night."

    Also, one I did myself - - - I was singing "Bless the suffering" when everyone else was singing "Bless this offering" and I never figured it out until later - - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite mixed up lyric is in a song by the Police "I'm a pool hall ace" is what I always hear instead of "My poor heart aches" in the song "Every breath you take."

    I actually sing "Wake me up and make me cocoa" instead of "Wake me up before you go go" - I know the real words, but I love my fun version better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrapped this up brilliantly, my friend. :)

    Your lyric twist is hilarious! I felt the SAME way about the dumb deuce!

    Anyway, I took up knitting years ago, just long enough to check it of on my bucket list, I guess! I made lots of dish rags, but also a beautiful (difficult) sweater for preschooler Kendall. Maybe some day I'll get back to it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a messed up song lyric story to tell. Just that some songs are just plain weird like from that same era, Take a Walk on the Wildside or any number of the crap that is on pop radio today. There, now I sound like some old guy when in fact I'm only...

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.