Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Little Sheepish


Our Saturday jaunt in Beaver Dam and environs took us to Knitty Gritty, a wonderful shop outside of Horicon, where we met these critters.

In addition to a wonderful selection of yarns, there is lovely washed fleece for sale. Since I haven't had my spinning wheel out for a coon's age, I resisted the urge to buy more fleece, but I know where to go for more.

Another errand had Lynn retrieving woodcuts which she had matted and framed as a birthday gift for Brotherbob. They look just wonderful and the trick was to get them hung before he and Good Guy returned home-----and then to see how long it took him to notice them. I think there were six of them and she rearranged existing artwork to make places to hang these new additions.
We left on Sunday morning and he hadn't said anything yet, though we were busting with the urge to point them out. She called in the afternoon when he asked her how long they'd been hanging there. So it didn't take him long at all!

Good Guy's response when I say, "Do you notice anything different?" is a "deer in the headlights look" and an "Uh-oh!!"

My response to Mardi Gras, so far, is to make a batch of home made granola, which is drying in the oven as I write this. That will be the extent of the sweets for Fat Tuesday, I think.

Are you taking on any spiritual burdens for Lent? I should limit computer time---but I still have a few hours to decide. I think it should be adding something positive, not deprivation. But
what do I know!

2 comments:

  1. All we like sheep have gone astray - - -

    That's what fisherhubby says EVERY time we pass sheep in a field or around a barn.

    Oh, we are now purchasing goats for Africa through Samaritan's Purse at church - - - so far we've sent 4 and #5 is well on his (her) way to going next!!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.