I bought this pattern and two beautiful skeins of alpaca lace yarn, to give myself a Real Treat after I'd lost 35 pounds.
This is as opposed to baking the biggest pan of brownies in the free world. It was a tough choice, but I'll have to learn sometime!
But I digress. I suppose you can guess, even if you are a non-knitter, that knitting with yarn the diameter of a spider web, with needles that a very small makes for a time-consuming project. But, it's summer and who wants an afghan on their lap, right?
This is the progress on mine. My yarn is getting used up, since the rows are long now, so the end is in sight, as they say.
If you were here in the days of Good Guy's sweater, you'll think I'm hung up on this cranberry color--and you would be right. I have a jacket that color too. My new jacket is green though, so perhaps there will be a change.
I love working with it. When I bought it, I thought I'd made something really lacy with it, but I chickened out. Wait for the next project. That will be really lacy. I had a close-up picture of the texture and yarn on here once, but blogger decided it wasn't necessary for you to see that. Oops, it's back.
In other news, the surgeon will make short work of my gall bladder problems next week on Thursday. At least that is my ardent prayer and hope.
Good Guy and I grabbed for the gusto on the last hot day we had and went for a swim in a actual lake. We are in Michigan where, it is said, you are never far from a lake, river, or stream. I wasn't worried about the getting into the lake part. It was the getting into the swimsuit part that worried me. (There will not be any pictures of that. Trust me.)
With that chuckle, I will leave you for today. Cheers!

With such fine yarn, how is your eyesight holding up? Yeesh!
ReplyDeleteYou and your surgeon will have our prayers next week...
Speaking of eyesight, mine gives me fits when I do crossword puzzles. The knitting and sewing go fine, but that refocusing is tough. Ahh, presbyopia!
Delete1. Ravelry is a great site....wish I would visit more often.
ReplyDelete2. Cranberry is a beautiful color and I bet it looks great with your hair.
3. TINY stitches and yarn. Aren't you blind?
4. Personally, I'd go with the brownies and have a big old smile on my face, but in lew of your upcoming surgery and all the hard work you have done in WW, my thought is not very constructive. Like your scarf.
5. No woman in her right mind would have her picture taken ~ after the age of 50 ~ in a swimsuit. I think you used good judgement. And I hope the water was FINE!
6. Got my fingers crossed (and all other things 'cross-able') that your gall bladder is out in a flash and you're feeling fit as a fiddle.
7. Wonder why I numbered these? hmmmmmmmmmm, must be all the waterproofing fumes.
1. Do you have an "identity" on Ravelry? I'm Annie40.
Delete2. I like the cranberry too, and besides they had it in stock the day I went shopping.
3. Kinda blind, but since first grade when I had to push my nose aside to see the blackboard.
4. sigh....brownies. I remember brownies.
5. The water was warm close to the surface, but I think the lake is spring fed. Brrr, in places.
1. Jannie157, but I haven't been there in awhile, so I'll check to see if it's still good.
ReplyDelete2. Smart.
3. haaaaaaa
4. me, too....double chocolate Duncan Hines. sigh....
5. our nearest lake is at 9,000'....I'm NOT going in
Ok, girlie girl, lakes in da UP!!! As a child when I returned to Houghton-Hancock (place of my birth) to visit the grandparents there and in Calumet, I would go swimming in Lake Superior or in Portage Entry....BRR!!!!! all the time....no swim suit, only sweats and shoes to keep from freezing!!! LOL then when swimming in Portage entry at my parents friends' camp, we would run to the Sauna and then back to the freezing water....an this was summer, mind you!!!
ReplyDeleteLove from NC
Oh, there are some great memories! I didn't grow up with saunas, but I had classmates in nurses' training who did, and we'd do the sauna thing and then go running off the dock to jump in the river. That was fun.
DeleteThis summer was so hot that the water in Keewanaw bay was comfortable for swimming. Amazing.