This photograph was taken this very afternoon when my favorite contractor put the Little Free Library on its pole and stand.
I think you may have gathered from previous grumbling, that we have limited handy person skills here.
On the other hand, this dear man was happy to build my little building, make it waterproof, weatherproof, attractive, sturdy and he did it all quickly.
These tasks remain to be done. I need to move the pile of dirt and stones which Good Guy dug up to make a hole for the 4x4 and the cement. I need to print and distribute the letter I drafted to invite my neighbors to borrow books, for we are eager to share. And I need to choose books to put into the box. That part sounds like the most fun.
So Little Free Library, Number 2588 is almost up and running. We are pretty excited!
These Critters are The Contractor's animal companions. They would dearly love to be out of the car licking his ears while he secured the house to the stand. Meet Fritz and Suzette. Suzette, the older black poodle, is quite a proper, fun-loving dog. But TC says that Fritz is fun impaired. He won't chase a frisbee, but he runs around because Suzette does. Perhaps he'll learn as he goes.
Thanks for all your concern and good wishes. I am feeling fine as long as I avoid fats. It's pretty easy when you know it makes you feel uncomfortable.
So now I'd better get at my librarian duties. Come back soon and borrow a book!
Now THAT is a beautiful box that your carpenter made.....with the supervision of Fritz and Suzette. It's quite lovely and I can just see books stacked inside it, awaiting one of your friends to come by. What a great idea....I hope it's very successful. I'd be there in a minute, but the commute is a killer!
ReplyDeleteStep away from the fatty foods........
Very nice library building for the free concept. Love the dogs. I know what you mean about fatty foods. I have to work hard not to allow them near me too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool idea--I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteAnn, I love the Library building, wished I lived near you, I Love to read and sharing books would cut the cost down so much. I'm jealous of your new Library Building. Great idea. Ann /Oklahoma
ReplyDeleteI am trying to get a Little Free Library started in my subdivision. I love it and hope everyone around here steps up.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea - and such a pretty library! :-)
ReplyDelete