Thursday last week saw me showing up for the appointment for separation from my stone-filled gall bladder. When I was a student during the Dark Ages, this surgery entailed a week in the hospital and considerable pain, incisions, stitches, long recovery time.
This wasn't quite an ambulatory care procedure, but I did get to stay overnight. The surgeon--a very solemn fellow---declared that the surgery had gone perfectly. I managed to get a smile from him when I told him so many people were praying for him that I thought he'd be able to fly to work under his own power.
The whole day went fine, but I found another medicine that makes me feel icky during the night. I had a headache from not having coffee for 24 hours, a victim of my own bad habits.
I was happy to return home to my own bed where I could sleep without interruption, until the phone rang. But it's a blessing to have friends who care if you're okay.
So our next adventure will take us off to see a Daughter and meet her Sweetie. We are planning a way to pack lightly. (Feel free to laugh right here.) We are always trying to plan to travel light. But this time I'm not supposed to carry heavy stuff, so I'll enforce it better than ever.
I'm setting off without any computers or electronics that would help me stay in touch with you. But I'll let you know when we are safely home again.
I will be trying to avoid watching the teams I root for. I feel like Bad Luck for them.
Take good care of yourselves, and each other.
Great news! Glad you're bouncing back and feel well enough for a trip.
ReplyDeleteI really am doing well. My worst pain was my "lack of caffeine" headache. And I'm not allowed my usual pain meds so my right knee hurts. Whine, whine, whine.
DeleteGlad your surgery went well! Missed you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen. I hope I can take lots of great pictures, and have something worth saying when we return. My brain is kind of empty right now. (I knew everyone would find out eventually.)
DeleteGlad you got DR GLUM to smile!
ReplyDeleteHave a great getaway....and yes, I laughed at your 'light packing' statement. I'm the master of over-kill in that dept.
Glad all is well and goodbye gall bladder.
Hugs
J
Great marquee photo of that tree. Our leaves are just turning - sort of. Hard to tell how they will peak after the summer's draught. I'm off to northern Minnesota late next week to do some fishing. Hopefully the leaf show will be near peak.
ReplyDelete