Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Playing Ketchup

Yoo-hoo!  Over here.  (Waving arms, frantically...)

1.  I'm safely back from Virginia and North Carolina where we visited with Younger Daughter, met a really nice man, and visited with one of my longest known friends in my whole life.  It was a great trip in every respect and I bow in thanks to my dear husband who drove through clouds and sheets of rain in the mountains.  Very scary stuff, but he's a champ!

2.  I'm healing and feeling fine!

3.  I used a basket of tomatoes on some fine spaghetti sauce, which now resides in my freezer.  The house smelled wonderful during that process.  I look forward to a taste of summer in January sometime.

4.  Do you have animal companions?  The first night we were back our cats drove us batty.  They walked all over the bed and stuck their cold noses in our ears and were so forgiving of our leaving them, we hardly got any sleep.  Enough, already!

5.  Another foodie endeavor was yogurt making in Daughter's incubator.  She hadn't used it before so we made a batch on the Sunday we were together visiting.  When I got home I used her recipe instead of my usual one and the resulting product is excellent.  Mild with a nice firm consistency.

She had an incubator with separate cups, and mine makes a quart container.  They both work fine.

6.  Today is a blue sky, golden leaf sort of day and I'm going outdoors and enjoy it now as much as possible!  I hope you do too.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your cats forgave you but now hey have to make up for lost time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point, I would like to be on the receiving end of your yogurt-making wisdom...sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me tired ~ whew!

    Glad you healed, glad your fur balls still love you (who wouldn't), glad Good Guy is such a marvelous driver, and glad your yogurt turned out well.

    Glad to ketchup with ya........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you make me laugh! How can I make you tired when you have stained and built a fence week after week after week?

      Spaghetti sauce? Yogurt? That's work to you?

      Delete
  4. You make yogurt? How is this done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so glad that you had a great time...Yes, driving in the mountains during a storm is very different than flat land...Yogurt...Yummy....
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.