January is half-shot already and I packed away the creche set yesterday. The tree is out in the yard for the city pick-up date. It isn't at the curb because if the wind picks up, it will blow down the hill into someone else's yard. That seems like a dirty trick to play on the neighbors.
The wind picked up over the weekend and blew our wreath off the front door. When I went to replace it, it was frozen into the lawn, caught in the thaw/freeze cycle. Ooops!
In spite of reading real books, and listening to audio books while I knit, I'm not making much of a dent in my stack of To Be Read stuff. Good Guy keeps recommending authors, and friends keep loaning things. I'm listening to a later book in a series in which I haven't read the earlier books. I'm thinking that isn't such a great idea, because I'll know the outcome of some plots ahead of time.
My header picture is of Bella (the Rearranger) and Sweetie in a pose of synchronized sleeping. It struck me so funny that I had to record it. It reminded me of passing a field in which all the cattle are posed, facing the same direction.
Which reminds me that the other day in the parking lot at the dentist's office there were eight deer gathered for a consultation. Probably figuring out how to pay the bill. They took off toward the eye doctor's across the road and then scampered off through the field. What a place to live!
We will take a day off from hibernation today. I get to hang out with the quilters this morning, and I have a date for the early showing of Les Miserables, followed by dinner out with my Main Squeeze.
I hope you are enjoying the increase in daylight hours---or minutes. I'll grab any little bit more light I can, personally.
In the meantime, here's my January motto. If in doubt, take a nap!
I'll eagerly await a review of Les Mis!
ReplyDeleteWe loved it. It's not the same experience as on the stage and the voices aren't like stage voices---but amazing and wonderful even so.
DeleteIt's nearly the end of the day past half of January - - - where has it gone?
ReplyDeleteAs to Bella and Sweetie, which is up and which is down? Very "must take and share" picture.
Speaking of reading, you were I believe, I just finished an old, rather "classic" author I'd never read before. Daphne Du Maurier. (I read Jamaica Inn) I didn't know she would be rather "dark" but I liked her none the less. Dark seems to go with January.
Bella is on the back of the couch, and Sweetie is on the couch cushion. I've always enjoyed Daphne. My favorite was "The Scapegoat". I haven't read any of her books for a very long time though.
Delete"Rebecca" was the first book I read by Daphne Du Maurier.....in high school, no less. :-)
DeleteReading, three books at a time and taking a long time to do it...very challenging, thought provoking, Christian author books...one on being broken, one on a take of the manger and how the shepherds saw the manger...and the other is a devotional...I am beat....I should read something light and not challenging at all....
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the fur balls....I have two black and one siamese...and they do the same thing...exact pose...very interesting....
It is cold here too, but not quite as cold as the Tundra...HEEHEE
Love from NC
Ann, I love that picture! Mine never seem to synchronize at anything. LOL @ the re-arranger. Now that I do have. Lucy likes nothing on horizontal surfaces.
ReplyDeleteWe had ten deer in our front yard a couple of weeks ago, and watched them in awe until a walker with a dog scared them off across the street into the woods. Today two deer were in the backyard, but got so close to the birdie feeder I chased them off. Seriously, how cool is that?
Honestly, I decided to check your blog before I close this up and take a nap. It would appear that naps are legal in January. Pssst...I have three bags of items to donate to Vinny tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog header picture--you should keep that one up for the rest of the winter!
ReplyDeleteI am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.
ReplyDelete