What a wacky winter, huh? Snow, then rain, then slush, then freezing. Wait a minute for the weather you prefer!
Thankfully, there are things to do indoors, and I've been cranking out knitting projects to occupy the winter time here. I also have books. Books, yarn, and chocolate. Life is sweet.
Some of these pictures are reruns but I know how forgiving you are.
Plus that little hooded sweater I posted before. I'm working on socks to go with that sweater and then I'll send the box off for the babies. Baby socks are cute, but "fiddly" to work on.
In the meantime I'm working on strips for lap robes for nursing homes, to use up the small balls of yarn that get left over.
I do need to get started on a shade of red project for a February swap too. Decisions, decisions.
In other news, our annual ski jumping event went off quite nicely this weekend at Pine Mountain. We had company, since Brotherbob and his dear wife were here. The guys go out to the hill while she and I drink tea and catch up on family news. Plus we spent some Sister Time together as well, with the other sisters that are here, so there was much laughter and occasional cookie eating as well.
Do you have to do that Field of Vision exam at the eye doctor's these days? I had to repeat mine, to my great distress----and it was okay this time. He's doing long range planning and monitoring. I told him that was heartening news for someone who's old enough to debate buying green bananas, and he cracked up. Apparently he hasn't heard about my "extreme age" classification. Or anesthetist's just categorize us differently.
Well, that's all from here unless I go take more pictures, and you know how much I love to do that!
Stay warm and upright on the ice.
"heartening news for someone who's old enough to debate buying green bananas"....Ok, that totally cracks me up too!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about those anesthetists! My last baby was born when I was 38 and I was listed with "advanced maternal age"! BAH! They are lucky I didn't kick them in the shins!
For sure!
DeleteI failed my first 'range of vision' test a couple of years ago. Then they sent me to 'the big city' where I passed it with flying colors. I'm convinced it was a money maker for somebody!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of your picture taking skills.....and the hat is cute!
Nice that you could have a sister day. Wish I were able to have the kind of relationship you have with yours. Such a blessing.
It is DARNED cold here right now, but expected to change tomorrow. At least the sun is out. But scheez, it's bitter!
Warm hugs
Annie, I had COMPLETELY forgotten about those digi cams where the screen popped out to the side until you SHOWED us yours.
ReplyDelete