Saturday, February 2, 2013

Month # Two

In a fit of ambition, I've resolved to blog once a month.  (chuckle).

Now that I have realized that I get too few comments to bother much with a blog, I'm hanging around other social networking sites a lot more.  There's more interaction and way more feedback from other places, and what other people say is a lot more interesting than anything I say.

As Mama used to say, you can't learn anything if you're talking.  (Which never did a lick of good.  I was a terrible Chatterchops, especially in school.)

These are the months to knit and read.  We have found Louise Penny at last----many have recommended her books to us and Good Guy has been on waiting lists at the library to get to read her books.  This means we have NOT been reading them in order and that spoils some of the mystery, but she's a very good writer.

I've been knitting baby stuff for Pine Ridge.  My present effort is so much fun, I'll hate to finish it.  I love the yarn, I love the pattern.  It's Lillie's Little Sweater, designed by Joan and Carol of Cottage Creations in Carpenter, Iowa.    It's a treat and here's what it looks like.



I have enough yarn to make some little socks to go with it.

That's what I've been up to since we returned from Iowa, The Skating Rink of North America.  Wow, when they get ICE, they get it good!  Our trip home on Monday was uneventful---thank goodness.  The most treacherous part was getting from the motel door to our car about six feet away, and then busting through the snow to get into our own driveway which hadn't been plowed out yet.

Love that winter weather!

My best to you all, and stay warm and dry, and upright---if possible.
See you in March.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable sweater! Looks nice and cozy as well.

    I hope you enjoy the Louise Penny books - I haven't read them all yet, but really like those I have read.

    Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater...Wish I could still knit...I have two new grands coming in first week of May and that sweater would look adorable for either of them...Granddaughter's name will be Olivia Grey and grandson's name will be Ezekiel Benjamin....Can hardly wait to meet them....After all, this grammy is praying for them daily....
    And I will check out Louise Penny....Love to get books from Amazon for my kindle pc and tablet....Doesn't hurt my hands to sit and read from a screen..but still love to hear the pages of my Bible turning....
    Love from High Point

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got home without any major problems! I hate ice....skeers the bejeebers out of me!

    Is it February? Huh, I wondered what happened to January....that explains it. And Feb is a short month so that's good. And the Groundhog saw his shadow, so we are GUARANTEED an early spring (snort). Things are looking up!

    With the dullness of winter, I look forward to my garden catalogs and surfing the net for ideas for the backyard this summer. It keeps my mind occupied on positive things!

    Stay warm and good to hear from you here. If it weren't for all the digital challenges I do, I'd stop blogging. My life is not that interesting!

    But you are a good friend that I've met through that medium, and I'm ever grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog posts! Nice to hear from you. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blog posts! Nice to hear from you. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog posts! Nice to hear from you. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you are going over to "the dark side" of FB and other social media sites.

    I hope you don't leave the wonderful world of blogging all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Chatterchops, I wouldn't change a thing about you! I saw the chatterchops comment and didn't resist the urge to enter that on the screen...

    Your blog is both interesting and informative, but I can relate to spending less time on some things. You were very busy doing January finding homes for stuff. My little calendar total for the month was two 39 gallon trash bags of pure trash and 18 large grocery bags of donations for Vinnie's boutique.

    When I was done cleaning two more closets this weekend, I left the doors open and asked dear hubby to admire my work. He was pleased with the results ---- but pleaded that I should not give away the flannel quilts or any quilt we have been using. You've got to love that fella.

    He is also "sock worthy" and I have been knitting dress type socks for him. So far, he has two complete pairs and I am half way through the third pair. Thank you for the encouragement earlier this fall. Once the first pair was completed and he was so happy and comfy, the rest was much easier. I, too, am selective about the type of yarn....

    Well, I am looking forward to seeing the blog in March!
    Piecefully yours,
    Kay Susan

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.