This marks one of the times in the year when I hate to be inside for a minute---which is saying something, since I'm vying for The Biggest Couch Spud Ever award.
But I love the days in spring when the trees are just leafing out. After our little sputter of warm weather, followed by some really nice rain, our trees are trembling on the brink of popping their leaves. I can practically watch the change in the lilac bushes from one hour to the next.
The lilacs are loaded with flower buds, and I hope they don't get frosted, because we had none last year after our early hot weather, followed by frost. So maybe they'll make up for it this year. The only down side of that is that lilacs give my sister a headache---so I'll have to meet her someplace else.
One of my sisters is returning from many weeks away during the winter, and the other is counting down the workdays until retirement at the end of the month. Happy times for us all.
The new retiree announced yesterday that they have plans made until the end of the year. Good for them, but as my daughter says, "We plan and God laughs." Or maybe just shakes His head and smiles benignly.
I wish you all again a Happy Mothers' Day. I can't hug my mom on Mothers' day but I continue to honor her example and her dear self. I don't mind it anymore when I hear her words coming out of my mouth. Now and again she was very wise.
Avery happy Mother's Day to you Ann.
ReplyDeleteI am sitting here biding time until our # 7 grandbaby arrives....She was due on the first of May and she will finally be here sometime today or this evening....Brand new mommy, Amber, is in labor as I type....If I didn't have a cold, I would be at Women's Hosp with her and our son, Adam and her mom right now...I am on my tablet and live chatting each hr. to check the progress for Olivia to make her grand appearance....
Love from NC
How exciting. What could be a nicer present on Mothers' Day weekend than a new family member! Congratulations and love to you all.
DeleteHappy Mother's Day, Ann. And Happy Spring! We've ALL been waiting for it this year, haven't we?
ReplyDeleteI chuckled at the fact that you don't mind sounding like your Mom anymore, etc. We DO reach that point, don't we? My daughter called the other night relaying the fact that SHE used MY words recently to remind her son (my sweet grandson) that if he didn't find something to do, she'd find it for him! Oh, dear.....I DID say that!!!!
And the circle continues.
We spent the entire day outside today working on the greenhouse and were out there so long, I totally forgot to make dinner! Ah, I love this weather!
Hugs
Jan
How I am envying your greenhouse! I just read your Facebook entry about it. You will have a back yard fit to host a visit from Queen Elizabeth!
DeleteOh to have a husband who loves to build things. sigh....
Happy mothers day, ann! Love your lilac comment and your sister. My middle sister suffers terribly from allergies, so much so that her wedding boquet was fake! Farm work kills her!!! I'm sorry your mom is gone , but love that your words honor her....even if you dont expect them to come out!
ReplyDeleteWe had a good discussion about "honoring parents" one night at Bible Study, finding it interesting that there is no command to love them. So I guess we must honor them even if they are unlovable.
DeleteNot that we have that problem with our wonderful mothers, but I find out from reading that there are a great many women who should have remained childless. When my Mom died in 2003, I was reminded of the verse that says "her children shall rise up and call her blessed."
It's good to know where you got it, if you're strong and determined, (sometimes called bull-headed and bossy.) Depends on the audience, I expect.
Happy mothers day, ann! Love your lilac comment and your sister. My middle sister suffers terribly from allergies, so much so that her wedding boquet was fake! Farm work kills her!!! I'm sorry your mom is gone , but love that your words honor her....even if you dont expect them to come out!
ReplyDeleteWell, Ann, Olivia made her grand appearance at 10:52am on Mother's Day...What a wonderful gift for Mother's Day...She is, as all babies are, adorable...I will be going to see her
ReplyDeletethis afternoon when one of my son's will take me to the birthing center to see her and Amber....
Just wanted you to know...
Love from NC
Thanks for letting me know. That is so exciting and special. My cousin, Shirley, was born on Mothers' Day the year she was born. (Makes it easy to be reminded that she has a birthday coming up.
DeleteBlessings on little Olivia and the whole family!
My lilacs were gorgeous this year!
ReplyDeleteI giggled at your comments about the retiree plans. My parents retired and were wrapping up their first cross country RV trip when my ex left. By the next year I was living with them again... it was temporary, but talk about a wrench in the plans! :-)
Oh, I hear you! The operative word there would be temporary, thank goodness.
Delete