June---don't you just love spring, when the whole countryside looks like one big park? The grass isn't long and straggly looking, the leaves are all new, and the flowers are lovely.
We walked last night and it was perfect! Cold enough to wear a sweatshirt or maybe two, and no wind. We could have walked forever if we had any cartilage in our right knee. (grumble, grumble.)
The school year is over here this week, so the kids are excited. That doesn't affect anyone here but there's a buzz in the neighborhood.
Little Sister worked her last day at her job on Friday and she was one happy lady when she called and invited me to go eat frozen custard with her at Storheim's. We all went out for supper together too. The night before her co-workers threw a nice party for her and it was well attended. People were happy that she gets to retire, and sad to see her leave. It was a happy combination of emotions.
Good Guy wants to make some plans for things to do this summer. I'll be happy if I can just get out and plant that garden. My efforts on Saturday were short, since I was driven indoors by mosquitoes.
If you stop by, leave me a word for summer in the comments. Today my words are "Welcome" and "Short". Way too short....
My word for summer is overdue. With all this rain and chilly temperatures, I'm still waiting for summer ... and open windows, shorts and flip flops. ;-) And for our garden to take off.
ReplyDeleteI don't have all my garden in yet, because we still have cold nights forecast and I don't want to babysit tomato plants. Grrr.
DeleteMy word for summer is "grateful." I've been waiting so long for this. Or maybe it's "fun"! I've been bending and weeding and transplanting and enjoying every minute of it. By the way, how did you enjoy your roasted tomatoes? I was so pleased that I did not have to be fussy about removing skins and seeds. I just threw them in a food processor and had delicious, if not pretty, sauce. Can't wait to do it again.
ReplyDeleteMy word for summer is "grateful." I've been waiting so long for this. Or maybe it's "fun"! I've been bending and weeding and transplanting and enjoying every minute of it. By the way, how did you enjoy your roasted tomatoes? I was so pleased that I did not have to be fussy about removing skins and seeds. I just threw them in a food processor and had delicious, if not pretty, sauce. Can't wait to do it again.
ReplyDeleteMy summer words would be 'colorful' and 'energized'. After a LONG winter,I'm ready. Oh, and please slap me if I whine about the heat in the middle of July.
ReplyDeleteYes, I hear you. I hate the heat. If I could think of someplace that's 69 degrees year round.......
DeleteI've been looking for years..........apparently it's a secret place!!!!
DeleteAnn, have a great summer. Be sure to post a few photos from time to time. It seemed like winter would not give up its grip on us, then came all the rain. Maybe summer will be pleasant weather wise.
ReplyDeleteThanks, for the happy summer wishes, Dave. We were in Iowa during the weekend of a horrendous ice storm. Very memorable indeed!
DeleteWe are happy to have had some rain this spring. Anything except snow!