Once in a while, a person has a week of fun that they would like to put in a box and take it out to enjoy again during bleak days.
This was one such week, with Sister Next here to visit and share with us the wonders of her i Pad, book club met, office lunch mates of old met for their monthly lunch together, and there were hours of yakking, knitting, and quilting with my sisters---and even an evening with The Daughter along for the ride.
In addition to that, the same daughter had her offer on a house accepted; a wonderful house that won't need any refurbishing, has a lovely large back yard, and is close to where she works. I am so happy for her.
The weather has been rather too hot to suit me, but we are grateful for the air conditioning and the rain is welcome. It is helping my zucchini grow to epic sizes-----and you know how welcome that is. Did you ever "phone a friend" and ask them if they'd like a zucchini the size of a canoe?
Have a Happy long weekend! And a productive school year as well.
Yes, I would like a zucchini the size of a canoe.
ReplyDeleteWould you like teeny-tiny tomatoes the size of a pea?
Glad you had a good week. We're finally cooling off here, so my week was not as sweaty....which is a good thing!
I shall have to blog about our delicious little orange tomatoes which are sweeter than anything! We have been eating them (almost) like popcorn.
DeleteAll our zucchini died ... slowly but surely, one at a time. We got about 3-4 small zucchini off 4 plants and then they all started dying, from the root up. Strange. We've been having to get our zucchini from the farmer's market. :-(
ReplyDeleteWell, that's just Wrong!! All those jokes about having so much zucchini!
DeleteI have cucumbers coming out of my ears. I'm begging Good Guy to take a bag of them with him when he golfs tomorrow. Spread the love!
I don't have tons of zucchini, but spaghetti squash-----which I've never prepared nor eaten. I must have a dozen at least. And they are big.
I am so jealous of your garden! All the tree trimming we did last year just allowed the branches and trees left to spread further and I just did not have enough sun. I'm tempted to just clear some trees, but my husband thinks it's a sacrilege. If you find some good way to prepare that spaghetti squash, let me know.
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous of your garden! All the tree trimming we did last year just allowed the branches and trees left to spread further and I just did not have enough sun. I'm tempted to just clear some trees, but my husband thinks it's a sacrilege. If you find some good way to prepare that spaghetti squash, let me know.
ReplyDeleteThanks. So far, so good with school. Speaking of which, I should be in bed! Glad to know that you are well and in your usual positive form. Any snow up there yet?haha Have a great week.
ReplyDelete