Friday, January 10, 2014

AT&T, We Love You

One of the reminders I made for myself for habits in the new year was to spend less time in front of screens.  This includes television and game playing along with the internet.

It is working out even better than I would have hoped, thanks to lack of service for 48 hours.  It is odd to pick up the land line and have no sound there at all, and no internet.  Of course it isn't just odd, it's maddening.  Even when you have cellular service and can phone and text if you want to.

It is akin to not having electricity or water in that I can't seem to think of anything to do that doesn't require the service of whatever isn't working at the moment.  And I automatically use the light switches or the faucets even as I'm thinking about the fact that something isn't working.  How much of our behavior is robotic???

Which, in turn, reminds me of how important it is to incorporate any good changes into daily habits.  I get up early and make sure that by the time 7:00 AM shows on my clock I have breakfast and take my meds----so I don't forget about them completely.

By cutting down on screen time, I spend more time in front of the sewing machine and have pieced all the squares for a baby quilt and I'm sewing the rows together this morning.  I'll post a photograph over the weekend sometime.

After days and days of numbing cold, we have warmer temperatures today.  I expect to see some fool out there in shorts.  I guess temperature is relative too.

I just finished reading Brain On Fire, by Susannah Cahalan.  It's like an episode of House, except that her medical team seemed like normal human beings.  They solved a tricky medical mystery, though.

Bye for now.  I'm off to sew.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you've made good use of your time!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go along pretty steadily when I know what I'm working on, but when I finish, making new decisions takes me forever!

      Delete
  2. AT&T is bad here, too. I don't have it but hear the complaints from those that do. My condolences.

    It's been a bit numbing and WINDY here.......another shot of it coming in the next day or so.

    I've been doing embroidery and trying to FOCUS (my word for the year).

    Stay warm and don't get the shorts out just yet (I did see my neighbor across the street this morning wearing his.......it was 25). Some people...........

    Love....J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More snow. It's okay because the other stuff was getting dirty looking.

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.