Friday, March 7, 2014

Fragmented

I had every intention of writing lots of posts in February.  Unfortunately for me, our days were so much the same this winter there was nothing much to share with you.

How much do people want to hear about sock knitting, or making quilt tops.  My kids remind me that it's about as interesting as watching paint dry.  But, of course, what do they know?  They think watching golf and baseball is boring too.

For me, I'll watch them now just for the sight of green grass and people in shirt sleeves.  My friend, Gary, posted pictures of their house and neighborhood on his Facebook page, asking, "Will this winter ever end?"
I reminded him that the groundhog predicted on six more months of winter.  Buck up, you whiners!

I count myself among the whiners.  I dash outdoors long enough to fill bird feeders, and put the trash in the bin, and sweep the snow off the porch----on a good day when sweeping is enough, and then I come back indoors and am thankful that we have a warm place and can afford to heat it.

On Wednesday, when I had the car in the sun, the ice cap on the roof of the car finally dislodged and slid off. Can I consider that a sign of spring?  I promised to send snow pictures to a friend in Germany but I keep forgetting the camera.  When I'm out in the car, I want to show her the way we have to creep into an intersection.  The banks are too high to see around in lots of places.

Oh well!  (Insert sigh.) It is bound to warm up and then we'll be whining about the unbearable heat.  I think the Lord made weather so strangers would have something to talk about to one another.

Speaking of strangers, my sister reported that she had an interesting conversation with a tourist.  She is in a town in New Mexico, where they spend time each winter, (escaping the UP weather).  She was peacefully sitting outdoors reading and a lady berated her for wasting her time sitting around.  She should be out seeing the sights.  The nerve....

Well, I'm going out to celebrate my friend's birthday.  Perhaps I'll even include her in the celebration, you never know.

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. We are going to have spring here for the next few days ... But I see winter in the forecast next week. I am bound to enjoy the nice weather while I can ... And worry about the return of winter when it arrives. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really isn't much else for us to do, is there? It was a joy to watch thawing happen yesterday, though!

      Delete
  2. i like your writing and i love to hear about quiltmaking .. and other handcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That an adult would berate another adult (stranger) for their choices in leisure pursuits is beyond me. Wow.

    What I find amusing about our weather is the way people in Wisconsin "push" spring by wearing shorts the minute it's above freezing. Even I stopped wearing a winter coat weeks ago. We're over it!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.