According to the calendar, we will have as much daylight as darkness today.
As Anais Nin said, There is always more wonder. It is kind of amazing to me that in a world full of chaos, they can predict the course of our little ball of Earth for eons in advance.
That we can rely on the fact that the days will truly begin to get longer again by the end of December. I'm not a pagan, but it is no wonder to me that it was cause for celebration at the time of the passing of the winter solstice, either. My forebears in Sweden traditionally had a mighty celebration at the time of Midsummer in June. Personally, I feel sad that the days will be growing shorter once again. I like lots of daylight!
Maybe we should plan on spending summer in Alaska, and our winter in the Southern Hemisphere. Now there's a plan.
But who will take care of my cats?
This gal has adjusted to her twice daily medicine and the fact that treats or food are dispensed after I have administered medicine. She comes to find me when it is time. I don't know how long it will take her to gain some weight though. It seems that I can feel every bone in her body through her fur.
Can cats learn to make sounds that seem to upset us? Until a month ago, I had never heard a cough, and now I think she does it for attention. What do you think?
In other news, it seems to be quilt show season in our neck of the woods. Kay and I went to a nearby show on Saturday, and tonight there's another in a town just a short distance away. We will take in as many as possible, and take pictures as well. (Just what I need! More ideas for projects!)
I wish you a happy autumn season. It is a beautiful time of the year here.
It is, indeed, a beautiful time of year. I admit I dread the shortening days because I dislike driving to and/or from work in the dark. I choose to think it happens because I am so joyful in the spring when the gloom finally lifts. My cats also take meds twice a day, and never without treats mixed in. They demand attention at the oddest times, but never with a medical condition. You might want to get that checked out.
ReplyDeleteRight you are. She has to go back in for a recheck in a week or so. I think she can't tolerate the dry food the others are eating.
ReplyDeleteGreat article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.
ReplyDeleteI certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.
ReplyDeleteThis is a well written article. I will make sure that I will bookmark it and open this page again to read this useful information provided by you. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.
ReplyDeleteHi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteVery attention-grabbing diary. lots of blogs I see recently do not extremely give something that attract others, however i am most positively fascinated by this one. simply thought that i'd post and allow you to apprehend.
ReplyDelete