I wonder how many times I've posted a change of seasons post with that title. I won't go back to check, but it's the song that goes through my mind as the leaves change colors, or the snow begins falling, or the days get longer once again.
Things have been busy here. Sister #2 and her Wonder Dog, Daisy, have been visiting often for sessions with a professional "trainer" type person. She is pleased with the results.
Over the weekend she and I spent a weekend down the road to meet and visit with an old friend of my mom's and of ours. She had a ride from Minnesota with a group of friends, so she called and asked if we would make time for a visit with her. It was a precious time together. She is getting up in age and has had multiple health problems in the past, but we were delighted to see her ambulatory with all her wits about her.
She had driven down with a group that was going to visit and provide music at the church we grew up in. A men's quartet! What better music than that for the morning service? I love men's voices singing harmony! They also were visiting because the pulpit is being filled (temporarily) by the man who had been the pastor of the Minnesota church, a very much loved fellow. He was one of the tenors in the quartet as well.
So the visit was fun, the church service was great, and I felt very well loved, visiting this congregation. We wondered if we would know anybody, but a number of my school mates were there and other old faithfuls knew us.
In stitching news, I am knitting a pair of socks for a Christmas present. I went for about a week without any knitting and I was lost. In the gaps between projects I sometimes make a few dishcloths because my friends always like a nice bright new one. Just something to whip out and put by the sink when special company is coming. Like Queen Elizabeth or Lady GaGa.
My quilting projects is on the cusp between designing and parts of blocks. Yesterday at my quilting group I spent the whole time trimming finished blocks and resizing triangles that were too large. People with no spatial sense do a lot of backtracking. This morning I took the seams out of the other bits that were the wrong size.
My sisters will laugh at me, because I'm always telling them to just lop things off----nobody will ever know. Sister 2 "unstitches" huge projects. Once she even undid all the machine quilting of a whole quilt for a cousin of ours. Sister 3 and I just shook our heads in disbelief, but she did it, successfully.
I thought I had nothing much to share with you, but I was gently, helpfully reminded that I hadn't posted anything for a long time. So, Judy, my dear, this is for you. I hope you are now up to date.
If you are someone else who stopped by, thanks! Come again. You never know when something fun will happen.
Tried to add a comment on your quilt post but couldn't. So I'll put it here - LOVE that quilt. Always admire you girls with the quilting gene.
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciated! If I visit, will you put out a "new bright new" dishcloth? :-)
ReplyDeleteJudy/emzy13
*nice bright new
DeleteIf you give me fair warning, I will paint the kitchen and get new linoleum too. LOL
ReplyDeleteIt was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.
ReplyDeleteVery informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.
ReplyDeleteve been browsing internet for more than three hours today since morning, yet I didn’t found any interesting article like this which provides knowledge. Thank You.
ReplyDeletevery informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.
ReplyDeleteHey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.
ReplyDeleteNice post, things explained in details. Thank You.
ReplyDelete