Yeah, really!
That Old Romantic, Good Guy, thought that would be a great way to celebrate our 24th anniversary, in case we don't make it to Silver. (We won't think about divorce----but death isn't off the table.) Just kidding.
Anyway, in addition to the joys of airline travel, we added our own fillip of illness. I was coming down with The Worst Cold as we left, and he caught it, of course.
So we had that plus the fact that he fell and hurt his leg, which isn't recommended activity in countries where you don't know the language or have a doctor.
We did have a wonderful apartment to hang out in, situated in the Latin Quarter very near where we stayed on our last visit to Paris. We even used the same laundromat and could go to the same restaurants if we wished.
The trees were budding, and the fruit trees were blossoming. Lovely---and then we were held up in Montreal by the Chicago storms and flooding.
So, Long Story Short, we're at home and happy to be here. I have no urge to travel soon again. For about two weeks, when I'll think a road trip would be fun. Plus golf season will begin in May. Won't it?
There you were, relaxing in Paris whilst we were digging out from the snow. I say, YOU are the smart ones! Illness and leg boo-boo aside, I'd rather be gone this time of the year! I'm pretty sure it isn't this crazy windy/snowy/rainy over there!
ReplyDeleteLove your new photo....reading with your feet up and giving 'the look' to Good Guy for taking your photo! I do the same thing and am a 'master' at 'the look'!
Glad you're back and I'll look forward to seeing where the next adventure leads you two lovebirds.
xoxo
Thanks for checking in on me after a long absence. We are having a couple spring like days, but we'll have some cold weather again by the weekend. again.....
DeleteIt's snowing here. Has been all day ~ on and off. Right now there is 3" out there. SO, I fear that this storm is headed your way. Shall I suggest a comfy chair, some tea, and knitting to keep you warm?
DeleteSounds like a plan.
DeletePhotos from your trip?
ReplyDelete