Monday, August 25, 2014

A Good Read

At our last book club meeting when we discussed Orphan Train, which we all enjoyed, Nat gave me a sort of a recommendation.  She looked askance, and was curious about what I would think of it.

We are reading this book for next book club and the name of the book is Afterwards by Rosamund Fulton.  I enjoyed this book so much I also read her first book, Sister.  Both books are a bit quirky in concept but, since I love characters, and these books are definitely filled with characters, I was a happy reader.

In other news, I was gifted last Sunday with a laundry basket's worth of cut flannel strips.  So I have 68 pieced 6 inch blocks for a nice warm toddler sized quilt.  I think.  Perhaps.  We shall see.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I ordered "Sister" from my library. The author's last name is Lupton but you didn't fool me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Pam! I should have known I couldn't fake you out! I was too lazy to dig out my Nook and wait for it to reveal Rosamund Lupton.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.