I have been known to skip Sunday morning church services. Pretty often.
I was raised to get out to church every Sunday, if for no other reason than that it's a healthy, wholesome habit. That was not my only reason to go, because I strive to live for the Lord every day and thought I could do it without Sunday worship.
To make a long story short, I attended this morning and received such a blessing that I felt joy and thanksgiving ever since. Our pastor is on vacation and one of our laity conducted the service and gave the sermon. He did a wonderful job, and I was so happy that I was there to be blessed.
Other blessings this week include a job change for Daughter, the Younger, who accepted a position that means a raise in pay, a vehicle provided, and receiving credit for previous employment there, rather than starting on the bottom rung, for vacation time.
This week also completed the process of adoption for our newest family member. He had been in foster care in my nephew's home, but the adoption has been in the works for a long time. (Long enough for me to finish a quilt for him with his new initials on it. (His sisters got that gift as infants, but his had to be bigger.) chuckle.
We have lots of happy family members this weekend, and I am thankful. My granddaughter sent me a card to assure me that she would soon write a letter telling me about her school this year. She was just a wee one, and now she's beginning seventh grade! How can that be?
So, did you go to church today? Was it great?
Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.
ReplyDeleteVery great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!
ReplyDeleteI am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.
ReplyDelete