Monday, June 28, 2010

Kids and Fawns

Home long enough to check on cats, and you, of course. 

The ten-year old boys are busy fishing and begging for more worms all day long.  They are Tom Sawyer-like in their inventive ways to encourage the rest of us to supply them with bait.  (We are resistant.)

The wee girls are entertaining all day long.  Yesterday the three year old, Maria, and I spent an hour drawing and coloring balloons and clowns.  She has a longer attention span than I do!

Yesterday on her walk, Lynn saw a tiny fawn curled up and sleeping within sight of the road.  Later on she saw one walking about and no doe in sight.  Worrier that she is, she's afraid it's an orphan already.  I hope not.  I think it's unlikely----but then, I'm an incurable optimist.

3 comments:

  1. Sister Pam, dad, and I arrived here in Hayward right during their Musky Festival - - - wow, what a hopping place this was Saturday!!!

    Sounds like you're having tons o fun with the kids. I too hope the fawn isn't orphaned just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time with the kid-o's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are resistant...that brought a laugh! Love it.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.