Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wildlife at hand


I hope I can add this picture for your Thursday enjoyment, because this little dude was my first good deed of the day. He got himself into the same pickle yesterday morning and had to be rescued.

The deer come at night and knock the top askew, and then Mr. Chipmunk enters the diner without any exit strategy. Look at the size of his head. How large can his brain be?

He is on duty pretty regularly as entertainment for our indoor cats, (about whom you may hear in the future). They are pretty central to life around here, where we serve them as best we can.

My brain was abuzz with flight of ideas all night. "Zzzzzt, I could blog about this, zzzzt, I could tell them about that!"

Trying not to be boring.

Thank you, dear visitors, for your encouragement. I will implement your fine suggestions and gifts as soon as I know what I'm doing. (It's not wise for you to hold your breath. This may be a steep learning curve for me.)

6 comments:

  1. Had to enlarge the photo to get the entire "big picture" - priceless, non-the-less! Wish I could capture a few of these creatures that rob the seed from our bird feeders! They are certainly entertaining, however!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this brought a big smile to my face!! Ah, chipmunks need love too! Please show photos and tails (get it?) of your cats. Lots of cat love out here including me. I have a fur baby named Charlie! Good post! Breathe and enjoy! You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that "zzzzzt I could blog about this" - - - that means you are HOOKED on blogging! I take my digicam with me wherever I go so I'll be READY when the perfect blog topic presents itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new header picture/title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog about what you care about and have fun! Neat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are indeed already a blogger to take the photo first before doing the rescue!

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.