Monday, December 6, 2010

Simple Homey Pleasures

Lest you think I don't appreciate the blessings of my home, (after my rant about being housebound) let me share a couple of this weekend's joys with you. 

This morning when I got up, I decided to enjoy some of those wonderful Christmas smells, and make a treat for breakfast.  I had some apples left from the Thanksgiving pie baking, and some stray apples here and there that needed using so I made German pancakes that puff up.  All one recipe name.  I cut my recipe in half for just Good Guy and me, and it turned out looking beautiful, smelling great, and it even tasted OK.

I would show you how lovely my Christmas cactus looks too if my pictures didn't keep disappearing.  Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. mmm if that smells like it looks woohoo. I love the pan too. I just made popcorn cakes for my husband, his favorite..... he could eat a whole one a day. Not such a treat in my opinion but he loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! Do you have a special pan for this because I don't recognize that type of pan.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pan is just a heavy iron skillet with two handles. Good Guy loves kitchen gear.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.