


In the beginning, just of this story, you understand, there were Bishop Henry and Bishop Ella. These dear people help to spread the gospel in New Orleans, and after Hurricane Katrina, they also opened their facilities to feed their neighbors in need.
After Katrina, their facilities were, shall we say, compromised. Yet the need was so great, and their hearts were so burdened for others, they did their best with what they had.
Enter another group of big hearted young folks, (from stage north), the Gamers for Humanity, who head for NOLA on spring break to help rehab houses, and eat crayfish. Oops.
I'm not sure how many spring breaks they've spent doing this, but in the course of helping, the Gamers met the Bishops and they bonded. The young folks have been able to do a lot to help and one of them wanted to make a quilt for Bishop Ella, who lost many of her treasured belongings in the disaster.
So the young person enlisted the help of her whole family for their contributions of advice and help to make this wish come true. I had beautiful fabric I had received for free which I gave along with some know-how and labor, her grandma contributed a bible verse to put on the back, the machine quilter put on the binding for free. And I asked the young person to Please Take Some Pictures.
So today I present these fine unselfish people to you as they admire their new quilt and as she has the joy of sharing the love that went into making it for them. This project truly made all of us happy.
What a heart warming story! I'd LOVE to meet Henry and Ella.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely quilt and story :) Thank you!
ReplyDeleteLovely story and quilt. So touching.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I love the colors!!!!
ReplyDelete