Saturday, March 12, 2011

This and That about this week






As the person who inherited the family albums, and the caretaker of some of the family history I got to dig around for family pictures this week. I found a picture of my maternal grandfather who died before my mom had any memory of him. I found pictures of my own father for my nephew's daughter's assignment. They are copied, printed, and ready to mail.
Digging around in picture albums takes a long time, and I get sidetracked pretty easily.


It is time to blog since my hands ache from knitting and sewing. There is my blue sweater with the arms tied up tight, so I can make a join with the body under the arm without having to do any sewing. Also only one sock is getting a little attention, when boredom sets in.


Also noteworthy, yesterday it was so mild and sunny we could walk around in our shirtsleeves. This morning it was snowing slush and I went outdoors and made a snowman. He's probably melting already, but he made a nice path along the side of the house as I rolled the body.


My sister keeps teasing me about how she has wool with her as she travels in Texas, but it's funny to be knitting warm clothes when the temps are in the 70's and maybe getting warmer.


Good for her. I don't mind this when I don't have to drive in it. We did a little driving yesterday just to shop in craft stores, and enjoy the warm day. and found gas for a few cents cheaper than here, and the craft supplies I needed, and a year's supply of yeast. Oh, and a HUGE box of Wheat Thins.


Good Guy thinks I need a 12 step program for cracker consumption. And Wheat Thins---the originals -----are my favorite. I'm not giving them up for Lent.


No good news to be had by turning on the television. Between Wisconsin's legislature, and the Japanese earthquake/tsunami damage and death toll the news isn't any joy. But I'll take heart and escape into the March madness which is at hand.
Join me, won't you?



.







4 comments:

  1. Yay! You showed up in my reader today :) It's not broken lol

    Still making snowmen, huh? or are you making slushies?! haha

    I can find myself hours later not realizing the time when it comes to looking through photos. I love the act of being transported through time by just an image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all relative, of course. It was so "warm" (mid 30's) here on Friday that I had a student come to school in shorts.

    I can relate to being the family historian. You could work on that stuff as a full-time job!

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my own particular brand of madness EVERY month - - - so why not in March??? (Oh of COURSE I know of which particular madness you speak!)

    Triscuits are the ones I won't give up.

    You kill me with your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow melt, basketball and family history. That's me to.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.