Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Fragments

Fascinating (facetious) Friday Fragments. I was really going to call this collection by this title and then thought of all the typing to link it..... Nahhhhhh! No way.

But, if you would like to write down all stray snippets of this and that, and link up to Half Past Kissin' Time with them, you could do it too, by just clicking HERE.

This was a busy week for me beginning with a visit from my son and his family. Samuel is now taller than I. That's always a big milestone for kids to get "taller than dad" or taller than grandpa.

School started this week, so our morning walk is now 45 minutes later. We had one cool morning but the rest of the time we were almost too warm in sweatshirts. By the time we got back home, anyway. (Yes, I know that's a sentence fragment. I don't care.)

My nursing classmates reunion was great fun and good eats. We heard the exciting tale of Maria frightening a large bear away from her bird feeder using her voice and a fly swatter. Her husband told us this with a wry smile on his face. We aren't sure if she's brave or crazy. Sometimes they coexist, I suppose.

I finished a mitten and a prayer shawl, and am trying to decide what to bring along for the weekend with my sister. She's house and dog sitting and craves company so it's a good chance for us to hang out and talk. Her dog, Daisy got a short clip at the groomers and her skin spots are showing through. Jane said she looks like a dalmation (in the shape of a teddy bear.) Sound like a photo op to me.
And the NFL real season has begun. Woot! Talk about an offensive treat to watch those two teams last night!

Good Guy has golfed three days this week. It's hard for him to fit in the testing his doctor thinks he should have. I consider that a good sign. Let him get some exercise, doc.

Please go wander around and read other fragments. There are a great many interesting and funny folks there.


8 comments:

  1. I tried to walk about an hour everyday this summer, but didn't always accomplish it. Even walking a couple of days a week is better than most people do, so I feel pretty good about it.

    Visiting from Friday Fragments

    Have a great weekend!

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Football season and what a great opening for the season....GO PACKERS!!! YIPPEE...42 to 34...what a great game...did you hear me screaming like a nut?
    Sandy in NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way I would try to frighten a bear away from a bird feeder. Call me a coward, but a safe coward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog header is beauiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, why is my 42n responses blocked from your comment section?

    42N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave, I have no idea and I'll check it out right away!!! I've never blocked anybody (at least not intentionally.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could totally see my crazy self attempting to scare a bear away (but within safe distance of an escape!

    Your life sounds great to me; it would be lovely to have the time to just hang out with one of my sisters like that :)

    Wasn't that game exciting?! Great way to open up the "real" part of the season!

    thanks for linking up. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fly swatter is not enough protection between me and a bear. No way!

    I was at an estate sale the other day and there were hundreds of skeins of yarn for sale. I thought of you and wished I knew something about yarn so I could pick out a few. I chose not to once I gave them the smell test and none of it smelled friendly. I'd want to send you something friendly, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.