Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm Hopelessly in Love

This handsome creature is my new friend, Cooper, the Bernese Mountain Dog. They are bred to be handsome, sturdy, affectionate, good-natured, and gentle. And Large. Quite large.

He was one of the pack that Jane was tending at her house/dog sitting gig at her friend's house. He's also the youngest and most recent of her friend's dogs. He would wrestle with little Daisy, who's about the size of his head, and he was so gentle and sweet with her. When they were done "fighting" they'd lie side by side and his put his leg over her side and they'd take a nap.

We had great weather all weekend-----though somewhat warm, and I got to visit with my nephews and see their kids, and dogs, and hamsters, etc. So I had a grand visit, but headed back home this morning because I was missing Good Guy and the Fuzzies.

I missed you too, since I didn't have much chance to connect up and read what you've been up to. Are any of you having Blogger troubles? I got the question about why comments wouldn't post. I've never blocked anyone that I know of, and wondered if anyone is having the same issue.

That's all for now because the yarn arrived for Carole's Knit along, and it is seriously gorgeous! Thank you, Kim of the Woolen Rabbit. (I paid for it and am not receiving any remuneration. It is just plain beautiful and I can't wait to work with it.)

What did you think about the tributes on 9/11? I was very moved by almost all the remembrances I saw.

More tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made a new friend; Cooper looks very friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a neighbor that has 2 BMtnDogs. I can understand you loving them...me, too. They are big old babies and as sweet as pie. Weren't you tempted to bring him home with you? Ha, the kitties would NOT be happy.

    Miss you, too. Glad your trip to Ann's was good. It's nice to have time together.

    We're off mid-week for a short trip but home Thursday. hint

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought that those dogs look incredibly friendly and hugable - even though I'm not a dog hugger.

    I am not enjoying the change in Blogger as much as I'd hope, but I haven't had any comment troubles, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sis has an entlebucher. He's the little version of your new friend!! Sweetest dog I have ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WiseGuy and I dreamed of getting a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog...the short-haired cousin of a Berner...before mister H entered our lives. H has expressed his preference to remain an only child, but I still think there could be a Swissy sister in his future someday.
    (Regarding comments...I have to click "Post Comment" 3 times, every time. But it's been that way all along.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend.

    BTW - Bernese Mtn Dogs are so beautiful. And sounds like they have good dispostions as well.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.