Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Not What You'd Expect


OK, we've established that the reason for our trip to Canada was as theater loving play-goers. Well, cameras aren't allowed in the theaters, of course, which is just as it should be.

We are multi-taskers in the tourist department and Ontario also produces a plethora of pork products. (I apologize!) I should also explain that Good Guy never, hardly ever, met a sausage he didn't love. So we made a pilgrimage to this shop in Shakespeare.



This is entirely unrelated to either the theater or pork, but we are coming up on the anniversary of one of my happiest memories. My oldest child is about to celebrate her birthday and the day she was born was one of my lifetime's happiest days----so far. (I can't count them all, lest you think I'm depressed.)

It was a gorgeous fall day in Chicago, and the air smelled a certain way that you can only smell in the city in the Fall. She was early, it was easy, and she was such a lovely little baby! I was on Cloud Nine! Even now, several years later, I get a chuckle out of remembering. We won't go into how I begged to go home early, and the stitches, and the cracked nipples, and sleep deprivation. I've forgotten all that. She always was a great kid, and she still is a lovely lady.

As a woman of a certain age, I have decided that mothering was the most important job I've done. I'm not claiming any particular distinction at doing it, but they are all paying taxes and nobody's in prison, so I guess we did OK.

Well, my time is up and you have gotten your dose of porkiness for the day. Hope you are enjoying Fall as much as we are. Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. As a woman of a certain age, I have decided that mothering was the most important job I've done.

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just at the beginning of this mothering thing and I can already tell it is the most important job I'll even do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for my "porkiness" dose! I agree, mothering is the MOST IMPORTANT job in the world, just ahead of fathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pig. Thanks for taking a picture of him - he's grand! I do sometimes wish I would have rethought that "I'm not having kids" thing because I would have probably made a good mom. It's nice to know that her birth is a top moment in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.