Appropriately named----for a cabin where our family members gathered for a visit this weekend.
You may recall that my uncle requested that his wife bring his ashes to rest at this bible camp in Iron County.
I want to sing the praises today of family, and the value of gathering together, and of the wonderful facilities and hospitality of the camp staff.
The camp director is a pastor and has some marvelous people skills. He took us out in the pontoon boat on a blustery day so we could complete our mission, and conducted a brief, respectful committal service.
The campground itself has been upgraded to an all season facility, and on this weekend they were conducting an event for grade school kids. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was GREAT! They have groups of cross country skiers there during the winter, too.
Our cabin was a three bedroom affair that could house six people, and was equipped with about as many appliances as my home. We had a place to hang out and visit, plus a place for us to stay overnight so we could visit late and not have to drive 50 miles back home late at night. Good Guy stayed home and I visited with my dad's side of the family.
Good Guy is presently on the first leg of his New York City trip. So the Fuzzies and I are "at leisure" until Thursday after weigh-in time. I really have loads to do while he's away, so we aren't really as indolent as I'd like to be.
I am beginning a massive de-junking project while he's away. You heard it here first. Hold me to it, people!!!
I like the name of your cabin--sounds like a pretty big one if it has 3 bedrooms! The cabins on our church campgrounds were just one-room cabins; very small. I think they made them like that so people would get outside and interact more.
ReplyDeleteHaving just spent the past two weeks with my family, I can tell you that there are few places I'd rather be. If I could take them with me on all of my road trips that would be great, even if impractical lol
ReplyDeleteI dejunk when my husband is gone, too. It's just so much easier that way.