Now to sweep up my fragments:
1. We have a great many "anniversary" celebrations here since I mark events on the calendar when they happen, and transfer them when the new year comes. This week we celebrate the six year anniversary of the arrival of our "old cat", Sweetie. I had seen her in our alley in January, while I was walking the dog and she was very thin, cold, and wild. (Since the dog was with me.)
When we lured her in, she was very scrawny, but the vet rehydrated her and checked for disease, pronouncing her very healthy and already spayed.
She is an important part of our household now.
2. I have some February commitments including a sock knit along, writing a snail mail letter each day this month, and making the blocks of the month for the online class I'm taking. It's good to have something to pull me along the tracks in February----winter blahs can set in, even with a mild winter.
3. My walking partner has reached her goal at Weight Watchers. I'm so proud of her! Since we haven't been walking outdoors, I have stalled out completely----since the middle of December. Time to pull up my socks and get to work!
4. We have decided it is the year to make a change. Our furnace is older than old and we need to bite the bullet and spend the money, before the dollar isn't worth anything at all. Ouch!
5. Bird visitors this week include juncos, mourning doves, redpolls, chickadees, nuthatches, finches, pigeons, and a couple of starlings. Good Guy saw some cardinals, too. Yesterday while the squirrels were in the feeder we had a rabbit just chilling under the lilacs. He sat perfectly still for about half an hour.
6. Super Bowl weekend again. (yawn!) Noteworthy because the quilt shop is having a big sale all weekend! As though I need more fabric!!!
I think that does it except I miss those of you who are taking the month off from blogging. I know I told you to do whatever you need to do, but I miss you anyway. Just sayin'....
We have our usual cardinals, juncos, and jays, but I haven't seen as many house finches and almost no doves(?). With the mild weather down here the rivers aren't frozen, so there are still bald eagles aplenty. Wise Guy got buzzed by one in the car...literally 2 feet from the windshield!
ReplyDeleteWow1 I don't think I'd care to be buzzed by an eagle. We thought we must have a dead body in the front yard yesterday. The crows were gathering across the street.
DeleteI never lived as far north as you. One year I lived in Tennessee, but I don't think most people would consider that as a northern region. I do recall the winter blahs, though, even in Tennessee. I hope March and April bring happier days to you.
ReplyDeleteI hope I didn't sound too unhappy, because I'm not. I miss being outdoors though---so projects help divert me.
DeleteWhat is a redpolls? Haven't heard of that one before. At least YOU have birds.....still 'nada' here. BUT, there were 3 robins flying about yesterday and HUGE flocks of geese. I got so excited........
ReplyDeleteFriday here, too. As my post says, it's not like it used to be when we were wee babes, but we're happy.
I'll come and walk with you. Let me get my boots!
Get your walk on!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your WW partner and good luck with your goals and projects! :)
ReplyDeleteIf you don't care about the Super Bowl, you can root for the Patriots to support us!
ReplyDeleteMr.4444 was admiring a cardinal for a couple of weeks. Sadly, though, he let Cooper outside once without realize the bird was on the ground, and Cooper grabbed him in 2 seconds flat. Poor thing...Mr.4444 made Cooper drop the bird, but it was too late. :(
ReplyDeleteI, too, have slacked big time and need to let go of my excuses. Maybe next week.haha
Enjoy this beautiful weather; you're due! :)
Ohhh, no, as Gumby says! Our cardinals are sort of shy and we don't see them very often. We can hear them during the summer, though.
DeleteI need to know how you got a reply thing on your blogger comments.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby is the anniversary guy. he remembers dates so much better than me!
I hope you enjoy your great weather, hike up those socks and make it worth it ;-) Maybe if you do it I will force myself to also :-) That's the theory right, if one does it... we shall see ;-) I have a ton of excises myself.
If I had any idea, my dear, I would share with you. It suddenly appeared, and the only time I check my "settings" is when someone e-mails me that they tried to leave a comment and couldn't. I change things seldom for fear of messing things up beyond repair.
Delete