Unfortunately, you will have to take my word for it, since I'm too tech impaired to figure out how to "blog this".
But in the meantime, I retrieved a little notebook. Since I'm thrifty (in some circles, I'm known as cheap-----but it is usually only regarding my own wants and cravings.) I am using up a clump of blank pages for short term memory aids. The sort of things that I won't have to write into an address book, or permanent records somewhere.
But I did find notations that are funny, puzzling, and odd.
Funny: Consciousness----that annoying time between naps.
IRS motto: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.
A note that says, "The dog is with me."
Our dog has been in that great Boneyard in the Sky for about five years or more.
A page of notations in Good Guy's printing about his dad's brothers and sisters and their years of birth. Not complete. He must have been remembering and jotting stuff down.
A couple to-do lists of mine.
Two soldier's addresses from Soldiers Angels.
Three post card addresses for overseas from Postcrossing.
Web addresses.
My son, Alan's, new phone number.
How to do the toe decreases on Finnish socks. (You never know when you'll be caught away from home and be ready to knit the toes of socks!)
Calculations for the number of Wt. Watcher points in a slice of banana bread. (Don't ask! Try to avoid quick breads!)
People who were on sthe prayer chain at one time. (That can speed things up at the doctor's office. I think if you are using the waiting time to pray, there are forces at work who try to speed things along in the other exaemining rooms.) That's not a scientific observation---just a thought.
Lists of books recommended by friends.
And a note to myself to opt out of google----which I may or may not obey. Anyone following my life and every move I make online is quite likely to die of sheer boredom. (Like knitting or quilting as an Olympic Event.) Yawn!
Have a pleasant Hump Day!
Finding things in the middle of notebooks can be just like finding treasure. Every once in a while I find notes in the middle of mine left there by one of my children just so I would find them in the future.
ReplyDeleteit was a double so I deleted
ReplyDeleteI have done the same thing. I have to make lists or I forget half of what I had wanted to do, or get, or read, or tell one of my daughters the next time I talked to her. What a fun treasure trove. Did you knit those socks?
ReplyDeleteOne is done and I'm just getting to the heel of the other one.
DeleteMy, my, my...........such important notes tucked away for apparently ages. How'd you make it this far without them????
ReplyDeleteI make 'sticky notes'. A lot of them. When I go to the great reward and they light me up, all of those notes are really going to help.
I keep a notebook at my computer to jot things down like book recommendations, instructions on how to do computer things, addresses of blogging buddies, cool websites to revisit, etc.
ReplyDeleteI do that too. I don't always have the same notebook within reach, however.
DeleteYou could always pull one over on your heirs and fill notebooks with gibberish and flat-out lies. Imagine your kids cleaning THOSE out of your house someday. Nothing better than a post-mortem prank.
ReplyDeleteI love that idea---and then I'm putting your name and phone number after it and they can call you for enlightenment. You and Wise Guy are both crazy. You know that, don't you?
Delete