Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Roll Call---She's Absent Again

With all the February projects on my list, I don't seem to have much creativity left for this outlet.

I do wish I could report that I am churning out finished socks like a factory, but that isn't quite true. I started the lacy sock pattern with all the "new techniques" so I'd have the support of the knit along group when I got stuck. It was a good idea, but when I posted my problem on Ravelry nobody responded and I worked through it on my own.

Which is fine----as long as I figured it out, I don't care. The other socks had a different technique for doing the toes, too. I did it, but it's way more complicated than what I usually do---plus it isn't better looking, or more durable. (So what's the point?)

Well, that just makes me sound grouchy. And I tackled these to learn---so I'm just resistant to learning.

I also did a life expectancy quiz that popped up during web browsing. The good news is that with my health history and habits, I'm likely to live to be over 100 years old. Just enough time to finish the socks.

I get a message from Milkshake in my e-mail each morning. This is usually news about green products and good deeds to know about. This morning the news was about "Jams", which are gatherings of people who tackle problems together. There is no announced agenda; they decide what to solve when they gather.

Here's the address: Jams I hope that this will get you there----the first link I pasted went to my e-mail.

(It is obvious to me that this isn't a Presbyterian effort. A committee without an agenda??? Horrors! and laughter.....)

Since I have both a morning with my quilter and knitter friends, and an afternoon with my reader friends, I'd better get at my letter for the day out of the way early. And since the afternoon soiree is here, perhaps some attention from the dust mitt is in order. (Don't worry, I won't strain myself.)

Another great thing about the readers is that one of our first rules is that the hostess never has to provide a dessert. Tea or soda maybe, but never sweets. Are we not smart?

So I'll leave, wishing you a happy Wednesday, and a retroactive happy Valentine's day. Or maybe I'm just early for next year.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Ann, you are too funny!!! Love how this morning starts with humor for me...Doesn't start that way often...Have a fantabulous day..Ok, it isn't a real word, but sounds good...
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you'll live to be 100, just enough time to finish the socks" Hehehehehe!

    I'd like to see lacy socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Well spoken by a woman with no body fat at all!!!

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.