Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On Being Grateful but Humble

Now picture this:  The setting is one of those  Stars on the Runway wearing over the top dressy clothes and borrowed jewels to the award show.  Well along in the action, a wizened crone steps to the microphone to accept her award, (probably wearing a frumpy frock she made for herself out of an old bedroom curtain.)

Are you there?  A nice lady has come out of Lurkdom to grant me a Liebster Blog award.  I am qualified for this prestigious honor because she likes me, and I have fewer than 200 followers (thank goodness).  So this entry is my acceptance speech.

Thanks, Stacy.  (Stacy can be found at A Life Lived Well.)


In order to fulfill the requirements of being a Liebster, I have to redirect you to some of my favorite people who also don't have more than 200 followers, but are people whose writings and happenings I enjoy every time they have a chance to post some news.

1. Post the award to my blog.  (check.)
2.  Link back to the blogger who gave me the award.  (check.)
3.  Give the award to five (5) blogs with fewer than 200 followers.  (coming right up.)
4.  Leave a comment for each blogger letting them know you have offered them the award.  (On my to-do list.)

Each of these Liebster nominees represent a facet of my interest spectrum, and if you ever visit me you may have detected some of these things.  So I redirect you to:

1.  Leeanne at Arrow Acres Farm who blogs about her knitting, yarn, alpacas, and her sons.  Not always in that order.  She's also a reader.

2.  Jean at Rainy Day Friend has a gratitude blog.  She spent years coping with a medical condition that was misdiagnosed.  Now she has abilities she never dreamed of and she has a sunny outlook on life.  

3.  Karen and Gerard of Right Where We Belong blog about their lives of faith, sports, a wonder dog named Abby, two cats, and a kitchen without a range!  Karen has given me lots of blogging and posting help, too.  (In the interest of full disclosure.)  They also contribute to charity for every comment that is left to their posts.

4.  Margene of Zeneedle posts about Utah, yarn, knitting projects, reading, gardening and philosophy.  (Are you detecting a pattern?)  Books and yarn....



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out here and for the award, but we did already receive this one before, but I'll add your name as a giver of it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestions! I didn't know that Karen's kitchen is range-less! Off to check out another of your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.