Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pride Goeth Before...

I am not stellar about finishing my own projects, but when I am entrusted with a task of great importance, I really do my part.

I mentioned earlier that Sis #2 went through town last Thursday gifting me with fabric and yarn.  At the same time she left a project for me to work on.  Here's a little background.

Her second oldest grandson has been patiently waiting for her to finish his quilt.  And it has been talked about for a very long time.  First he thought he wanted a "Cheetah Quilt", which was a daunting prospect, indeed!  She looked for ideas, she talked about it with quilters, graphic designers, artists, fabric folks---you name it.

When she was all geared up to start, she hears him say, "Grandma, I think I'd rather have a dog quilt."

Dogs, thank goodness, she's all over that! Then you shop around deciding on colors, finding dog fabrics that will go together, and finding the pattern to use, and about twenty things that must be done before you can begin.

When that part was nicely done, and the top was mostly put together, she decided she wanted to quilt dog faces into the larger squares.  Back to the artist for dog faces the right size----and over the winter she left it with me and I did some of them.

Another season of the year passes.  It's a hot summer.  The kid doesn't need a quilt when it's 90 degrees every night. But by last weekend, the faces and some other things are quilted and it is time to add outer borders, and put on the binding.

When she left here an hour ago, that puppy is almost ready to present to Patient, Long-suffering Ryan just in time for a long cold winter on the shores of Lake Superior.  It is nice and big and puffy and warm and I may just have to drive up to watch the Big Presentation.  (If I go, I'll take some pictures, and I promise to share.)

I helped with it, and I'm Proud!

2 comments:

Backtalk is welcome here.