Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Checking in, Briefly

I'm still alive and kicking, but I have a big sign on my workroom door.

Send this off in time----NO EXCUSES!!!

The triangle quilt I showed to you a couple of months ago will be a Christmas gift once the machine quilting is done. Therefore I have no projects in my knitting basket, and other gifts will come from my kitchen instead of my yarn supply.

What time I have at the computer is spent lurking around on Facebook to see what my relatives are up to, or making friends with people who read and knit on Ravelry.

I will be happy to have this project sent off so I can picture somebody wrapped up and cozy in a flannel lined quilt, AND my life of sloth can resume its normal shape and size.

I have something cool to show you though.  My friend on Ravelry made these for presents and shared the recipe with us, and I puttered around in the kitchen long enough to put some together.

Layer in a quart size container:
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy

On the tag write:
Mix contents in a large bowl.  For each serving, place 1/3 cup of cocoa mix in a mug and stir in one cup of very hot water.  Store the remaining mix in an airtight container.

Well, I've enjoyed this little sit-down with you all, but I have to get back to my sewing machine.  I hope you are enjoying your holiday preparations and have some time to sit back, look at the lights, and have a cuppa something soothing.  Listen to some music while you're at it.

All the best!  Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Thought you got stuck in a snow drift, up there in Da UP, eh? Had to say that, keeps me mindful of where I started in my life!!!
    Have a Blessed Christmas with your family, Ann!!
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight we don't have snowdrifts, but the forecast is for plenty of snow tomorrow.

      I am snowed in with projects though. It's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

      Delete
  2. I finished a triangle wall quilt a couple of months ago ... and am thinking of making a full-sized triangle quilt one of these days. I need to go take a look at yours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed piecing this one---all 60 degree triangles, and it was very satisfying to have them come together perfectly. I used a pattern from Fons and Porters quilting magazine. If you need the issue number, let me know.

      Delete

  3. I've been given cookie mixes in jars like that too. I have the HARDEST time using them - - - they are so pretty I keep them on a shelf or cupboard as decor until they are so old I'm afraid to try to eat them.

    Sigh.

    (I realize yours are hot chocolate, but you get the point here I hope.)

    I'm still afraid to hope the snow thing will materialize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Good Guy ~ you'll deserve a cuppa and a sit down by then!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.