Friday, December 28, 2012

Fin 2012

Hi Friends---

One last shout out and fragment posting to all my faithfuls who share their lives at Mrs 4444's Half Past Kissin' Time at the tail end of every week.  (Friday Fragments gives us a place to store our bits and pieces.)  I'm waiting for Mrs. 4444 to send us a rent bill.  Check us all out here.

1.  I am amazed at the amount of food teenagers can eat.  I extend my admiration and sympathy to all of you who are still raising your children.  I now see the whole economic crisis with fresh eyes.

2.  As a way of focusing my attention on the reason Christian folk celebrate the solstice season, I have simplified a great many things that I used to fuss over.  It has made life much simpler and sweeter in December.  If it isn't a tradition that is important to Good Guy---it doesn't matter.  

3.  My most inventive present this year was having sausage made by a friend for GG's gift.  He was so surprised at being presented with a heavy, frozen package (stored in my car in a cooler since the night before).  This is the man who proudly told his golfing partners that his wife bought him a pork roast for Valentine's Day.  You've gotta love a guy who's so easy to buy for.

4.  On Sunday morning we watched the children's program at Brotherbob's church in Beaver Dam.  All the kids were sweet, but there was one little shepherd who was beyond cute.  Merry Christmas little boy!

5.  My daughter knows how to please.  Check out the front of my new sweatshirt. 

6.  I thank you, Mrs. 4444 for the virtual Yarn-of-the-Month club.  You always use your powers for good. I'm gifting you back with a virtual year's worth of puppy chow.

I bid you all a Happy New Year (and a safe and joyful New Year's Eve.)

13 comments:

  1. Ditto...I LOVE the sweatshirt!!!!!
    Have a blessed New Year, Ann..
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not looking to debate but I think men are much easier to buy for than women in general.
    I was considered the table disposal at family meals when I was a teenager. The problem is my energy burning dropped off but my eating habit stayed.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't that he wouldn't enjoy a great number of things I'd get him, but he is an inspired gift giver. Just once I'd like to match his ingenuity and skill.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, you and me both - - - SO glad I'm not still feeding teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Thanks for the gift :) Just for that, you can frag rent-free for the next year!

    I love your sweatshirt, and your thoughtful sausage gift is a great one.

    I only caught the tail end of a news program about the soaring price of milk. Good thing our kids are about to leave the nest, but I suppose their college dining fees are about to rise. I guess this also means that we should get cracking on a garden for this summer. Trouble is we just don't get enough sun. Hm. Might have to cut down a tree or two!

    Happy New Year, Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shirt too! OMGoodness can teenagers eat. They can be a lot of fun too if you can get them off their electronics. My husband is so easy to buy for and honestly he loves food so that is always the way to his heart.
    I hope you have a Blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you too. I like your suggestions to simplify in order to reduce stress. That will be something I work on in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.