I guess I'm posting my Friday Fragments on Monday.
I don't have enough for a proper post----(when do I ever)-----but there are a few things to share with the wider world, whether they want them or not.
My knitting has segued into charity mode while I bust my acrylic stash. Project 40 on Ravelry is gathering and joining 40 inch strips for lap robes for long term care facilities. They like acrylic because it's tough and washable.
Bundles of Joy on Ravelry is gathering layette items for infants born on the Pine Ridge Reservation. The need there is mind-boggling and it gives me a heavy heart to think about it. They take acrylic items because I don't think it's easy to do delicate laundry, even if you'd like to.
Good Guy has had his yahoo e-mail account hacked and we are wondering what the remedy is. If you know feel free to help.
My little sister is down with the flu. By the sheerest good luck her DH has just retired and is home to take good care of her.
I don't care much about the outcome of football games once my own team is out of the running, but it's kind of interesting to have two brothers coaching the teams who will meet in the Super Bowl. That will get talked about until we want to run screaming into the woods with our ears blocked. (I know, I know....use the mute button.)
My friend, Mrs 4444 of Half Past Kissin' Time has requested that fifty of her closest friends either donate blood or give to the Red Cross to celebrate her birthday in April. Let her know if you do this act of kindness because of her request so she can track them somehow. Thanks for thinking about it.
Well, I must leave you now and venture out into the chilly morning and do a few errands. I need to buy some Yooper candy bars to send in a swap, but that's not at the very top of my list. Close, though.
I'm happy to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. but I like when the mail get delivered. Once I even got a hand written letter. Gasp!
Hang on, January is flying by!
Don't know what to do if my email account was hacked. Sorry to hear about that. I didn't realize your black and white cat looks like my Spunky. That is so cool that your brothers are both coaching teams in the super bowl. Who will you root for?
ReplyDeleteKaren, they are brothers of one another, not my brothers. Jim and John Harbaugh.
DeleteI, alas, have only a brother in law, who lets me call him my brother. I do however have two wonderful sisters.
Annie, all he needs to do is change his password. Preferably he will choose a password that is 8 or more characters long, a mix of lower case, capitals, and symbols, and something he can remember but others can't figure out easily.
ReplyDeleteThis has happened to me several times. The last time I made a rather difficult password following all the above guidelines and no more hacking has occurred. They say it is a good thing to periodically change your password.
Seems like a lot of trouble to me, so I wait until I get hacked, then I do it again.
Thanks for that good advice. He needs to change a lot of other passwords as well.
DeleteAbout 3 years ago, Tom went to Pine Ridge with a group of Cornell alternative spring break students. Lots of folks live in trailers with 6, 8, or even 10 little kids in inter-generational families. The Cornell students spent a portion of their time building bunk beds. Tom was told a story about one little toddler who fell fast asleep on one of the beds in the midst of all the hubbub. Everyone was amazed, but her grandma said "well, that's the first time she's ever slept in a bed." I'm sure the layette gifts will be very welcome by families there.
ReplyDelete