Yes, yes, I know I told you I wouldn't do this any more. I was quite convinced it was the thing to do----sure that my life was so boring that I was doing the world at large a big favor by not blogging.
But yesterday I looked back to see what was happening a year ago, and it was fun to read. So, selfishly I'm doing this for myself. Besides, sometimes it's just fun to write.
I have been using most of my creative energy on churning out a succession of baby quilts to send away to worthy causes. I have lots to send---not all the result of my own industry, but my quilting friends gathered up their flannels and scraps and contributed a great many as well.
So I'll send a box off at the end of the month which will start the September tally for Bundles of Joy group on Ravelry. The group sets a goal for each month and the 900 plus members knit or sew items that are sent to the OB ward at Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. (Nobody ever has to send anything. We call ourselves a no stress, no guilt group. However.....it's peer pressure at its finest!) There's lots of encouragement and affirmation at work here.
Last week Good Guy and Brotherbob spent five days watching live sports in the Quad Cities while I visited an old friend and roommate at her home/cottage at the lake. We had a nice lazy time of reading, knitting and visiting for a couple of days. It was so peaceful and pleasant!
She has a wonderful sign on her porch which reads, "If You're Lucky Enough to Live at the Lake, You're Lucky Enough." So true.
She and her husband retired there, winterizing and enlarging the original cabin, but she closes it up for the winter now and lives in town. It's too remote for her to stay alone during the snowy months, now that she's alone. Anyway, I was happy to have the time to spend with her.
After a couple days of hot weather, we were overjoyed to have thunderstorms move through and bring us some cooler air. We are very spoiled here and can hardly imagine what others of you are going through with weeks at a time of 90 and 100+ temperatures!
Be brave, bear up. Keep the electricity bill paid so you don't expire in the heat!
Love this....do you have any pictures to share with all of us of what you made? I bet that place in S. Dakota will be thrilled to get homemade things...my 2 new grandbabies love the homemade quilts that my friend made for them...
ReplyDeleteAnd the lake...love cottages on lakes...Many in da UP, hey? ok that is way up UP talk...
Have a wonderful weekend, Ann..
Love from NC
Sandy, Sandy. I'm trying to convince people that people in the UP don't talk that way anymore. But my friend's place on the lake was very comfortable and homey, in addition to being beautiful.
DeleteI for one am glad you are hanging around blog-land. You have a gift for writing and I'd miss it dearly.
ReplyDeleteWe're having a thunderstorm pass through right now........the temp dropped from 80 to 68 in the blink of an eye and it's pouring. Gotta love livin' at 8,000'
Hugs.......Jan
I'm replying on Saturday which was lovely here too. Back to heat and humidity again tomorrow I understand. I'll store up the memory for March and April.
DeleteYAY!!!!!!!! You blog for you and I'll read it for me. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHope I can make you laugh, dearie!
DeleteI'm so glad that you're back ... I've missed you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy. I miss you all, too.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYes, indeed. Life at the lake is great---especially if the breeze from the north blows flies and mosquitoes back into the swamp.
ReplyDelete