One of the groups on Ravelry which I follow is called Crafting4Charity, and the moderator is a high energy, good-hearted gal who sounds like she'd like things to Get Done ASAP.
It got me to thinking about what each person can accomplish in their own sphere. I can't sit and knit charity items constantly, no matter how great the need may be. However, I have discovered this year while I've been making baby quilts for the Reservation, that it has encouraged others to do the same thing with their scrap fabrics and "leftovers".
I have made four or five quilts myself, but I've sent at least double that number, because my quilting friends have contributed their baby quilts, too. Not only that, but they have given me materials to continue. (Not that there's any shortage of scraps here.)
But I've gotten batting, fleece, flannel, and fabric from my other quilting buddies. I thank you all and I'm especially gratified when one of them says, "I think I'll make a baby quilt, too." It's always gratifying to be a good example.
This happy little number was shipped this week along with two other cozy flannel ones that Marcia made. I really liked this quilt!
Have a happy Sunday! (We are having a heat wave!) It's back above freezing again.
What a beautiful quilt...Thanks for sharing it....
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that quilts will be put to good use
for kids...
It has warmed up here to 67...YIPPEE warm!!
Love from NC
Moan! 67! I remember 67! Probably not to be seen again until the end of April!
DeleteI like the pattern and the colors..........very happy quilt! Seems you and I were making charity/donation quilts last week. WE ARE ALIKE!!!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Was there ever any doubt? Of course, you walk, hike, bike, and work like a trooper, while I sit on my butt. Would that I were more like you.
Delete:)..................Have I mentioned that I think you are wonderful?
ReplyDelete