I have spent the past few days sewing and quilting with my sisters. We have also occasionally taken breaks to play Words With Friends, Candy Crush, answer e-mail, and walk the dog.
So, we have accomplished a great deal---often working on each other's projects. I've been quilting and binding baby quilts for Sister Two, and she's been basting my bedspread sized, long neglected Words Quilt. Sister Three has a batik collection and has her friends and relatives pick combinations for hexagon "flowers". She has a great many of them pieced together now---about 44 she says----roughly enough to make a house cozy. She can make a number of projects from the completed segments.
She works by hand, whereas I am doing the quilting and binding on the machine. No "enjoy the process" on these projects. Git er done!!
We have the most wonderful place to work. S #3 and her DH have a finished room in their basement with brilliant lighting, a fireplace, an entertainment system, a design wall, an elevated table for cutting fabric and basting. It's dang near Heaven for quilters.
So that's what's been going on here for the past few days.
I am in awe when I look at the calendar. How did it get to be October already? I used to chuckle when my parents would sound like a year had suddenly whooshed by in an instant. And now I know what they were talking about.
Many of our trees are in full leaf but maples are losing their leaves as soon as a breeze comes up. My cats are busy all day watching red and orange leaves fly by the windows. Such a busy lives cats lead. We also have dozens of birds at our backyard feeders. That helps to keep the cats interested in the happenings of the Great Outdoors.
I hope you are enjoying the autumn season wherever you are. In some places the weather is finally cooling down to tolerable. Nice to chat with you. Come again.
Oh how I would love a full-blown quilting space like your sister has. Sounds like you all are having a fabulous time!
ReplyDeleteThe weather is cooling down here, into the low 50's overnight ... but getting pleasant in the afternoons. Lovely weather. No leaves turning here ... except for trees stressed out from the droughts the last three summers.
How nice that the cats have interesting things to watch outside! Not just watching you and Good Guy all day long!!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt room at your sisters is a haven! How lucky for her to have it and how diving that you all got to play down there and actually accomplish so much. Especially Words With Friends!!!!! haaaaaaaaaa
Our birdies are few and far between but some show up in the morning and evening for drinkies and a quilt bath so I don't feel like I've been shunned.
The Aspen trees were ok this year.....not outstanding by any means. They peaked for about a 1/2 a week and then the wind came. Now whatever remains (few) are brown or nasty looking. Hopefully next year will be better for them.
I actually have been crocheting an afghan and am working a bit on an embroidery piece. Wonders will never cease........I'm using my hands for something other than holding up my arms!
Happy Oct. I agree.....it got here in a blink of the eye!
Our maples which change color early are all bare by now, but I've noticed that many maples are multiple colors. One branch remains green, some yellow, some orange. Weird. Maybe Keetha knows why.
DeleteOur Aspens are quite the same this year. Multi-colored. Well, when Keetha lets YOU know, let ME know. I'm stumped as well.
DeleteSpellcheck: "and how DIVINE" that you all got to play............
ReplyDeletesorry
:(