This mischief maker has had a personality change. Even though she has always been the main instigator of goofy stuff, she hasn't been affectionate or willing to be petted. During the course of the summer, she's become a Sit On the Lap Cat. She has also decided that it's a good idea to hop up on the counter and do some self service food procurement. Uh-uh! Not a good idea.
Yesterday while Tony was sitting in the back entryway, admiring the back porch I noticed him up on his hind legs, staring at something. When I went to look, there was a stranger cat right on the other side of the door. He/she wasn't shy or scared when I talked to it. I hope that it's got a home, because it got down to 26 degrees here last night. It's tough to keep the ears warm in that temperature!
I also hope it's got a home because three cats is quite enough for this household, thanks anyway. The ones I have already are plenty cranky with one another at times as well.
Have a pleasant Thursday!
There's a cat who comes to DD's in the mornings - the Ts want to adopt it, but they already have 3 cats, not all of whom get along (and the visitor doesn't really like their cats). I have tried to convince them that the visitor has a home because she's got a flea color on, but they're just sure that some other family took pity and put a flea color on her. The Ts are already begging me to let her camp out in the garage on these chilly fall mornings. I am having a hard time telling them no. ;-)
ReplyDeleteStay tuned, folks!
ReplyDeleteAnn, is this cat by any chance around five years old? I've always found that my cats are done being "pouty teens" at that age and start to want to hang around more. Beautiful cat, by the way.
ReplyDeleteI think we've had our "younger" cats about seven years now. She is a pretty cat and very funny as far as her personality is concerned. One of the others just begs for food all day, and the other is a lover. Every time you sit down the big grey one is handy to fill your lap and get brushed.
ReplyDelete