Saturday, December 28, 2013

High Energy

During this year,  I have gradually devoted more of my "knitting time" to quilting.  Or perhaps it would be more accurate to confess that it is more like reading about quilting. 

I spend many Wednesdays with my quilting friends, so peer pressure has me doing some quilting. Plus one of these friends directs me to online sources of inspiration and patterns called Quiltville.com.

Bonnie Hunter is the mayor of Quiltville, and she is a whirling dervish of energy.  She must be to accomplish all that she does.  She sews, of course.  She travels and teaches, and yet she blogs daily---almost always once a day, and sometimes more.

Her specialty is scrap quilting, which is why I was so drawn to seeing what she does with her "leftovers".  I have drawers of bits and want to clear them out at some point.  Bonnie is encouraging me to sit by the sewing machine instead of the browser.

Obviously, this is a work in progress.  But at the end of 2014 I want to be able to say I've accomplished more than ever before because I kept at it.  And fasted from the internet sometimes.

On other fronts, as I summed up the year I discovered that instead of my usual 80 plus books, I read more like 60 plus books.  The most memorable book of the year was Gone Girl, and the most recommended book is Still Alice.

If I were a crusader, I would want society to learn how to relate to kids with autism.  If there are as many as reports say there are, it would be good for us to know.  I stay home so much, I'm not sure I know how to relate to anyone, much less people with even fewer social skills than I have.

Just in case I don't post again until 2014, I'll sneak in a Happy New Year wish for you here.

I wish you the very happiest, healthiest new year ever!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Worthy goals..........I wish you much luck.
    My word for the 2014 is 'focus'. So far (and we are only 16 hours into it) I have failed. The internet art groups have sucked me into 3 new groups and I still haven't finished the 6 project (that I can see) on my table.
    'Tis a sad state that I fear will continue..........
    (smiley face inserted here)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.