Monday, December 2, 2013

Humility

 One of the things I've been doing in place of blogging is hanging out with Bonnie K Hunter of Quiltville.  She is a prolific pro quilter with blogs, classes, travels, and the whole magilla.

She starting a mystery project and the first directions were to cut what appeared to be equilateral triangles and the shapes which would adjoin them to result in a 3 and a half inch square.  Can't be hard, right?

I even have the template shapes to use which she recommends using to end up with a perfect result.

I am not proud to report that I grabbed another triangle and cut about thirty triangles wrong.  And I also managed to cut the wrong color.  I'm laughing at my own dopiness and happy that I'm using scraps and I'll be able to use them all in something else.

I am happy that one of the best things about quilting is that you can figure out a way to use almost everything.  It's sort of Goof Proof.  No wonder I like it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backtalk is welcome here.