Saturday, June 7, 2014
Meet Betty's Blues
Allow me to introduce you to another scrappy creation. This one has an unlikely beginning.
A couple years ago my sister got a phone call from a young lady who knew she was a quilter. The lady's mom had been a quilter too, and had left behind a boatload of fabric, patterns, and tools.
Would my sister be interested in taking the stuff and sharing it with people who could put it to good use?
I ended up with some of it.
Of course, I also have drawers, boxes, bins, and bags of scraps and cut strips already. But among the gift fabric, I found a little plastic recipe box that had units pre-cut and pinned together. Obviously Betty had had a plan for these 4 inch squares pinned with 8 smaller matching squares. I wonder what it was that she wanted to do?
I didn't have much to go on, but I cobbled this together with my already cut scraps and had enough for 25 squares. This is as far as it's gotten, and I'll probably add a dark blue border to what is there so far.
I hope Betty would like it, even if it wasn't what she had in mind. What do you think? Leave a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love, love, love it! It's simply gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathy. I like it too---though it's probably prettier from a distance than up close. Like most of us. chuckle..
DeleteI think it's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Pam. I had to get it off the line in a hurry. It was scaring the birds away. The simplest bird things make me laugh. Our robins love to really bathe in the birdbaths. Splash! Splash!
DeleteBeautiful work!
ReplyDeleteThanks emzy13! It needs one more dark blue border.
Delete