Wowie! We long for summer and it goes by in a flash. Up here in Michigan, anyway.
The lovely thing this year is that the plants just scrambled like crazy to catch up on the time they were delayed by our endless wintry weather. And we have had lots of rain, so the lawns and gardens are growing nicely. Almost all our nights have been cool, so the AC is not running very often.
Our family has been matriculating all over the place. Grandson Samuel completed high school at the beginning of the month and he graduated with honors. He is enjoying a trip with the high school band this week as they traveled to Washington, DC to perform in the Fourth of July parade tomorrow. They are one of 15 high school bands who will be in the parade. He was very excited about that!
And just yesterday, my daughter, Kris, defended her dissertation and became a PhD. We are very proud that she had the persistence and grit to grind through the process. She maintains attaining this has less to. do with intelligence and more to do with perseverance. This was a lesson her father shared with his children, early and often.
I followed through on my resolution to not plant a garden and the plot has daisies and clover galore growing in great profusion. Whenever I go out there, I scare a few little bunnies out of the clover. The baby birds are learning to fly in the back yard too.
Once again this year the hummingbirds have disappeared again. They were here for about three weeks and then became very scarce. Are they nesting or just getting nectar from flowers? It puzzles me.
I finished the vest project and it looks okay. I am happy that I have had enough experience and access to quick help to finish it without too much trouble.
I wish you all a very pleasant and joyous holiday weekend. Whatever brings to mind a festive time for you ----------I hope that's what you have for your weekend.
Did you read to the end? Please comment.
I don't like the way blogger has you repost whet you put down in the first place....UGH.
ReplyDeleteI do read all the way to the end all the time on your posts.
Have a great 4th. The hurricane is supposed to make landfall on Hatteras Island OBX during the night...I live 3 1/2 hrs from there but I will probably get rain tomorrow....
Love from NC
Hope you are safe and dry! We just checked the update to see if the whole east coast is hunkered down for the Fourth!
DeleteOf course I read all the way to the end! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love that vest ... so pretty.
4th of July today with my daughter and her family. Hopefully finishing up the chevron quilt tomorrow and quilting on Sunday.
Way to go, Kathy! I have some borders to put on baby quilts but that will have to wait for the weekend. A big day for eating today!
DeleteCongrats to your daughter!! The vest is lovely! Hurray for an FO! Happy 4th!
ReplyDelete:)
I'm very proud of her. She is a very hard worker.
DeleteI'm proud of myself for finishing something I had no pattern for. FO's are always good!!!
So many accomplished people in your family! (I'm including you.) And of course I read to the end! Why did you not plant a garden? So far the weekend has been nice. And lots left to it.
ReplyDeleteIt dawned on me (at last) that the only reason I like to have it aside from the fresh beans, is so I have a place to grub around in the dirt. I hate harvesting and I never preserve the bounty. I have no guilt about it and need to pull the deteriorating fencing down. It's an eyesore.
DeleteI read all the way to end and am off to read the most current one.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to grandson and daughter on their major accomplishments and to you for the vest. :-)