Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Tweaking

Yesterday I searched around for a good "winter picture" to use as a header.  As you can see, I didn't have very good success.  I do have some lovely shades of grey and white pictures taken of the St. Croix River one year and I hope they will show up today.

I also want to change some of my Words of Wisdom, and revise my book sidebar (or whatever it is called).

Maybe I will put in a books to read column and you can tell me what I shouldn't miss out on reading.

If you are the sort of person who reads a book, enjoys it, but hates to see the movie-----I can report than I was not disappointed in the movie version of Unbroken.  Admittedly, I did read the book a while ago, but it seemed to contain all the action that was most memorable to me.  What an amazing man Louis was!

My sister-in-law reported that they enjoyed Into the Woods yesterday. I haven't seen it on stage, but I enjoy the music and saw a TV production that I liked.  I don't know if I can sit through two movies in one month though.  (I'm kidding.)

I keep a journal, and have my whole long life----usually in a college ruled big notebook that I buy at the back to school sales.  But this year I've opted to use a leather bound, hand-made book that I couldn't resist.  I was shopping (gasp----me! shopping!) at an antique store in Waxhaw, North Carolina with my dear friend, Margie.  It isn't large enough to hold the whole year's entries, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I posed the puzzle to my sisters who both urged me to "Use the book!"  I, like you, am not getting any younger.

When there is light enough, I will go out and find some winter scenes worth recording, and change my header to something nicer looking than the Shopko parking lot.  Perhaps.

5 comments:

  1. We read "Unbroken" and planned to see the movie on New Year's Eve. But our cat was so sick, we took him to the vet instead. He recovered the next day, and probably would have without the emergency visit. He is now called $200 Don. Anyway, for some odd reason, I'm finding it hard to read these days, so seeing any recommendations for awesome books would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I received "Into the Woods" from one of the swaps. Another book I need to read. :-)

    Judy/emzy13

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.