Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Answer to a Steadily Diminishing Number of Requests

The Limelighters used to introduce one of their songs with that phrase.  It used to crack me up.

I'm introducing you to one of the Fuzzies:  This is five year old Sweetie who was discovered in our garage during a very cold February four years ago.


She spent a few days in the animal hospital being rehydrated and was determined to be perfectly healthy in spite of being skeletal.  She had been well socialized and spayed.  Someone loved her and took good care of her until she couldn't find her way home.  She is still a dainty cat weighing in at about 7 pounds.  She has tiny paws and a compact body.

During the night when she gets lonely (presumably) she hauls skeins of yarn out of my workroom, yowling all the time to lure me out of bed.  My DIL says that Sweetie thinks she's hunting, and presenting me the results of her hunt. 

She is a character, whatever the reasons for her behavior.  Our motto around here is "Encourage Eccentricity".  One of many.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I like your Sweetie. I agree with your daughter she thinks she is hunting!! My Charlie does that with odd things he finds in the house and then does that yowl! So glad she found a new home with you. My Emily cat got lost last summer and I so hope she found a new home. WE looked for her everywhere but never found her. So sad! Charlie never goes outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at you GO, girl!!! Not only did you figure out the whole post a picture thing, but you even started HIGHLIGHTING!!!!

    I really do like our two cats, but I'm so SICK to DEATH of the HAIR they shed all over the place that I keep hoping they get some gentle little kitty disease that takes them home to kitty heaven soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KDB---the highlighting must be left over from the spellcheck feature. Maybe I can get rid of it somehow. Not that it matters that much.

    Cat hair is annoying. I've taken up spinning, it's cheaper than going to the vet with gentle kitty diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those house trained spayed animals that come into our lives. They tend to be so happy to have a loving home and grateful for the food! She looks lovely with her tiny paws and tiny body :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.