Deep breath!
Other bloggers seem very matter of fact about beginning this endeavor, and I have debated about it for a very long time. Only because I'm so conscious of already spending (wasting) a great deal of time sitting on my fanny in front of a screen.
Well, I am an old retired lady with lousy knees. Why not share my hard won wisdom with other fun loving people? Or even my dear family who occasionally sit in front of their computers, too?
There are so many interesting people with interesting things to say, and I have treasured the chance to peek into their lives. I guess I think it's only fair to reveal something of my own thoughts and experiences.
Thanks for the encouragement to do this. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Welcome and good luck to us all.
"God bless us, every one."
Oh Annie!!! I LOVE it. You are sooooo funny and so fun to read.
ReplyDeleteI'm your first follower - - - and I'm going to go RIGHT NOW and make a blog post giving your new blog a great big SHOUT OUT so others will start to find you!!!!
Can't wait to see some pictures of you on here.
I gave you a shout-out over at my place - - - - let's hope those bloggy buddies come POURING in!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'll send you all the Fan Club materials and you can report on the new meeting at your leisure. Thanks, you're such a good cheerleader!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to bloggy land, you will love it!
ReplyDeleteVisit lot's of blogs and leave lot's of comments and you will have lots of visitors before you know it!
Cindy
Welcome to Blog World - now don't disappoint us, ya hear?? :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome from the south!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you joined the blogging family. You have to be patient and time take cares of things. I have never enjoyed anything so much. I do not have a family so I have more time to spend and that makes a difference. I have friends from all over the world now and so will you. Welcome aboard. I will join your other friends as a follower.
ReplyDeleteThat's so interesting - I have never once pictured you as an old retired lady with bad knees. But then again, I think of everyone as being my age unless they are obviously babies :)
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm very very happy that you have taken the challenge. I can't wait to see what you will do with your blog. I always love your comments on my blog and Keetha's so I already know that I'm going to enjoy your place.
Kristin - The Goat
(I'll wave to you as I arrive in Michigan tomorrow!)
Hi Ann -- we've never "met" in Blogland (I don't think!) but I came here from Keetha's blog -- she and I are OLD bloggy buddies.
ReplyDeleteAnd I see Cindy at Applestone Cottage has found you, too --she is a darling and really encouraged me when I was just a fledgling blogger and had no confidence!
So welcome. I'll sign on as a follower --- Love the daffodils. But ... a suggestion: add your blog name to the picture. :-)
Enjoy! -- Cass
Hi Ann and welcome to Bloggyland! I hope you have nothing but positive experiences here.
ReplyDeleteKeetha said the name of your blog is Up North, so I made you a header... if you go into the Designer and set your width to 1000 then this header should fit quite well. Consider this a welcome gift, and if you aren't crazy about the design do not feel obligated to use it.
I can send it attached to an e-mail if you like but would need your e-mail address to do so.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
Hi Ann...I came over from Keetha's...Blogging is lots of fun but can be time consuming...don't worry about followers etc...all things come and really doesn't matter in the long run...just blog for yourself...take Snappy Di up on her offer for your header...she helped me with my background for my blog and look how cute!! Have fun...
ReplyDeleteOh Annie!!! Look at this - - - and it all happened while I SLEPT away the night time hours.
ReplyDeleteYou are on a roll now, girl!!!
Welcome, glad your here!
ReplyDeleteI'm one of these "Go on,get on with it. It's like falling off a log!" individuals. No I'm not but I may well have the dreaded bloggers' lurgy in that we do our best thinking and develop wonderful pearls of wisdom at 3 in the morning. And where's the notebook when you want it? And could you even be bothered if it was right there on your quilt? I couldn't, I'm so CERTAIN I can remember that little thing!
ReplyDeleteCome over and visit - I'll put the kettle on. You can find me at canyouallhearmeattheback.blogspot.com