Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some Days Are Too Full

Some days there is no news that's worth sharing. Other days there's more than you could possibly put into one post.

First off, I thought I'd pay tribute to our favorite NCAA basketball team, who progressed into the Sweet Sixteen round of tournament play. Last night the women of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay played the women of Michigan State University and beat them. They led the entire game, once by as little as one point, at which the other fan in the room was having apoplexy, but there was never even a tied score.

These girls are so unselfish, appear to be so tightly knit, can make free throws, and have been a good program for a long time. They were ranked in the top twenty all season, and their record is something like 31-1. They are the one team I follow that doesn't give me fits. If you're a fan, you know how much that means.

I'll make another post about my other exciting event. Complete with pictures, I think.

For you other people who are sharing our pain over the spring snowstorm, especially if you happen to live in the Dakotas, bear up. Better days are coming.

Shovel on. I have to feed birds again.

2 comments:

  1. We just gotta quit paying attention to those southern gal bloggers for whom spring is already pretty much a thing of the past and summer is staring them hotly in the eye.

    We KNOW it isn't going to be HOT in the north in March - - - so why torture ourselves.

    There hasn't been a year YET that spring didn't finally sprung - - - even on us.

    I'll keep shoveling - - - unless the snow gets TOO HEAVY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, tonight I remembered the one thing I hate about snow--ice. I fell, taking the dog out and have ice on my arm, hip, and knee as I type. I hope things thaw soon.

    wasn't that game entertaining?! Wow. We'll see what GB does tomorrow.

    Good to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.