Friday, February 24, 2012

Fragmented

Well, it is Friday and there's another opportunity to gather up the bits that won't make a whole post and present them for your enjoyment.  Ooo, pressure!  Mrs. 4444 is the hostess for this link up and you will find her here.

1.  My "Christmas" cactus is budding again.  Which means that it's really a Thanksgiving and Easter cactus.  I'm rather hungry for the sight of flowers, so I'll be happy to see them.

2.  My experiment with sending post cards has had mixed results.  The cards I've sent to Finland and Singapore have already reached their folks, but I haven't received any post cards from anyone else yet.  But it makes me eager for the mail to arrive each day.

3.  Letter writing has been fun, too.  I received a long hand-written reply from my son which was the best of treats!

4.  Though it isn't "depression" by any means, something about February makes me tired and bored---which resulted in me changing up my eating plan a bit.  Instead of my very famous whole grain cereal, I made me a whole big batch of homemade granola.  It is calorie laden and I add it to a dish of banana for a satisfying breakfast.

5.  I've decided that if I want to continue to succeed on my "weight loss journey", I need to weed out my closets and cupboards again and bring a couple bags of clothes to Goodwill or St. Vinny's.  I get complacent when I have any clothing that is roomy.  

6.  Good Guy told me yesterday that the date has been picked to celebrate Aaron Rodgers Day!  In honor of his jersey number, it will be celebrated on 12/12/2012.  (Which, for decades now, has also been my birthday celebration-----and my cousin's------and my daughter-in-law's!)  We may have to have a real blow-out party this year!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That's the Mayan date - isn't it?
    This February has been good weather-wise. Were those handwritten letters? These days I type many more words than by hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sadly lacking in Mayan information, but it is certainly possible that 12/12/12 is their predicted End Date.

      Yes, handwritten letters. I love the pen on paper sensation!

      Delete
  2. This is going to sound so whiny, but February has been a bummer for us because it's been so warm :-( Where on earth did winter go? We got none of it here near DC.

    What darling birds. I forgot to log in to do the bird watching from my back yard. We filled the bird feeder and watched the fun all morning, but got nothing documented. The kids thought the paired off birds 'fighting' were funny. I will explain the spring mating season next time...maybe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the post card and letter idea. It seems so old fashion but I used to love going to the mail box whn I had a pen pal as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that too. I had a wonderful pen pal in England named Gillian Linley, and I'd give a lot to get back in touch with her.

      Delete
  4. FH just told me about 12/12/12 - - - cool beans!!!

    I was one of the LUCKY recipients of your snail mails and I can testify that they were WONDERFUL!!!

    We're in Eau Claire enjoying the Grandstay. Gettin ready to meet blogger friend Cindy and hubby Dan in just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a pen-pal, too, as Wayne commented. My sister was the post card queen who always sent postcards when she went somewhere as a young lady. Now she sends me tons of digital pictures. Sometimes, the simpler way is better. Our February has been quite nice in Tegucigalpa. We are usually quite dry and it gets warm in February. This year, we had a bit of rain, and evening temperatures have been cool. I hope March is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has been mild with little snow. But it still isn't weather to linger outdoors...

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.