I have never been accused of being athletic myself, indeed I was raised in an era when perspiring wasn't encouraged among people of my gender. Hard to believe now, but women couldn't be expected to run the full length of the court when playing basketball.
Actually, if it weren't so disgusting, it'd be funny. My kids all played sports though, and their Pop was an amazing ball passer.
The main reason we require television (besides Jeopardy), is to watch sports. We need to see as much Big 10 Football as possible---no matter how heartbreaking it turns out to be for us. I'm a Wisconsin fan, Good Guy roots for all Michigan teams which means we have to root against Ohio State. That's just how it is.
And Professional sports? We have two Packer fans, one Lion fan, and we watch football all day Sunday, on Monday night, and Thursday night---if it's a good match-up.
We do not watch professional basketball, or hockey, but we do watch golf. (My kids make fun of that since they think it's something like watching knitting or quilting.) But if you've tried to play the game, you appreciate the skill it takes to play well.
Which lead me to say that when my friends ask me if I've seen this or that---usually the answer is "No!" because we just don't watch that much other stuff.
I thought I'd watch lots of things we don't usually see while Good Guy was away, but I ended up watching baseball anyway. I've been brainwashed!
I'd write more---but San Francisco is whupping Da Bears! Whoo-hoo!
DH has the Bears game on here, too. I'm not a football fan, so I'm getting caught up on the computer. Like you guys, we have TV for sports and for movies (especially Turner Classic Movies) - although now that I've discovered NCIS, our viewing includes that, too. Our #1 sport is MLB baseball (Cardinals), and I like NHL hockey (Blues). Hubby isn't so particular - he likes ANY sports. ;-)
ReplyDeleteDa Bears bit Da Dust
ReplyDeleteI know, I know. Such good news for us Packer fans! (Do you get those funny State Farm ads with Aaron Rodgers in them? He must be a pretty good sport, I think.)
DeleteWhen did you start getting these fancy smancy pantsy comments with the REPLY option??? I HARDLY EVER check back to see if a blogger gave me a reply, so how in the world will I know what you SAY to me??????
DeleteOh for the good old days of e-mail replies BEFORE all this fancy e-chnology.
sigh
We'll be watching the OSU-Michigan game this Saturday and rooting for OSU! They balance out the Browns for me.
ReplyDeleteAnn, this is in response to your remarks about “Good Guy” watching the Michigan sports games. Long, long ago (1963) when we worked and lived in the Los Angeles area, I remember being at Pete’s place, which he shared with his brother, while the winter Olympics were underway. I was completely uninterested in sports and thought of watching sporting events as a waste of time. He told me then that a well-rounded person needed to be familiar with all aspects of life and that at least a passing knowledge of sports was a critical element in the formation of an engaging personality. So, he informed me, I needed to pay some attention to the Olympics and other major sporting events if I wanted to be able to maintain conversation with a wide range of people. The maestro spoke, and I tried to follow through! My engagement, however, never surpassed the “passing interest” that he pronounced as a minimum expectation. Still, nearly 50 years later, I recall that advice from the maestro whenever these major sporting events take place
ReplyDelete